Please rate chances at IVIES and others schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Please rate chances at IVIES and others schools
By Sleepingcocoa (Sleepingcocoa) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 04:04 am: Edit

MY STATS

Please comment, good or bad. Thanks.

By Freudboy (Freudboy) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 06:29 am: Edit

good although sats low

By Sleepingcocoa (Sleepingcocoa) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

A friend of mine is applying to Haverford and Williams, and his brother already goes to Williams. He also has an SAT score of 1430 (90 points better). His essay is also good. But his average is 3.96 weighted, and mine is 4.25.

Is it true that those type of schools will only accept maybe one student from each high school?

Would they accept us both?

By Itempest (Itempest) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

It's probably not true that they only accept one student from each school, but since they over all accept *very* few, the probability of that is low.

What are their freshman classes like? Haverford is 300, i think. That's *really* low, which just makes the probability that two people have met before pretty low.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Sleeping - have you taken the most challenging courseload available? You have a 4.0 UW, but a 4.25 W? Is that a factor of your school's weighting system? Or have you not taken the most competitive courses? If we assume the former then you have a great shot, I think.

By Sleepingcocoa (Sleepingcocoa) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

No, it's the weighting. I've taken the hardest courseload pretty much.

It's just the sat scores that worry me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page