Chances: UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Stanford,

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances: UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Stanford,
By Salik_Syed (Salik_Syed) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Okay...i'm haven't taken the SATI yet but i have taken a practice test that was the real one may 2002...
Verbal : 680
Math : 750
= 1430
hopefully that will increase when taken 4 real
I'm taking pretty much all honors classes, next year AP Calculus (junior year)

couple of ECS
BUT I DON'T join every club the school has just to write them down i hate those people..!!!
I am in one club robotics...but i pour my soul in to it. (check out my website)
I skateboard...*
I've won a bunch of those sell out awards where they make you buy a book
Elec. Guitar*
All that stuff you see on my website

* I have no idea if this is really an EC

I am currently a Sophomore
I have no idea wut i'll get on SATII hopefully better than SAT I from wut i hear its easier cuz they don't trick you it's based on knowledge?
NE please tell me if i can get into ne of the above colleges
ALSO I AM A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA!!!!!
And if by some odd chance i can get into an IVY or Caltech or MIT please tell me.

ne help very appreciated!

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

Dude You are still a SOPHMORE man. You got great SAT scores but why not retake them and break 1500 because it sounds like you can. Since you are a sophmore some advice I have for you is to join something now and keep it until senior year. You do need more EC's. Come back in a year because I think your resume will be longer and even better I bet.

By Salik_Syed (Salik_Syed) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

I'm just wondering say... i get sort of these same scores a few more EC's, 750's on the SATIIs etc... what are the chances?

thanks for the info tho

btw >... Website : http://saliksyed.tripod.com

By Itempest (Itempest) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 12:47 am: Edit

Since you are a resident you will have a good chance at all the UC's.

Stanford, however, is a reach for everyone, so hope for the best.

By Salik_Syed (Salik_Syed) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 10:09 pm: Edit

Yes...Stanford is probably going to be a reach..but are the type of EC's i'm into really good... i mean it's not like i'm helping the poor and not like orchestra and all that other kinda stuff...

Also i am planning to major in Engineering (sometype) and minor in Business...this will affect my chances esp. at CAL right?

By Miseryxsignals (Miseryxsignals) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:49 am: Edit

haha dude you're like my exact twin (almost). I too have a 1430, AP Calc Junior year, Skate, Electric Guitar, Resident of California, and guess what are the colleges I applied to?:
Stanford, UCB, UCLA, USC, Caltech. Haha good luck, you're lookin good for pretty much everything, Stanford is of course unpredictable so just try to make everythign better if possible :)

By Salik_Syed (Salik_Syed) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

yeah...wierd... i wuz thinking of CAltech 2!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page