GRADUATE EARLY

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: GRADUATE EARLY
By Melissamelissa (Melissamelissa) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 08:09 pm: Edit

wut do i have to do to graduate from uni......a 4 year degree....in 2 years? im a jr and i will have taken 9 AP tests and hopefully passed at least 8........?? so that might help?

thanks

By Davidrune (Davidrune) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:47 am: Edit

u'd have to build a time machine and travel back at the end of two years to your freshman year and take the two years of courses that you neglected.

By Warriorlax22 (Warriorlax22) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:54 am: Edit

phew! that's all? no problem.

by the way, a watch is technically a time machine. you should say something like time traveling machine...something along those lines.

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

well... if i get my predicted scores on my 8 APs... ill begin college with 40 credits, average beginning sophomore has 30... with summer classes and the like... 2 years is possible... two and a half more likely

so i guess it depends on the number of hours your college will give you for each class

By Andrey1225 (Andrey1225) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

why would you want to graduate in 2 years? you'd be missing out on a lot of fun times at college and the 2 years you gain in the job market are pretty much meaningless....no ones going to care if youre 20 or 22 when youre going for a job, they might even expect the 22 year old to do a better job since they've had 2 years of life experience on you. you're asking a very naive and inane question and hopefully (unless its for financial reasons) you won't only take 2 years of college.

btw, I have some friends who are finishing up UCLA in 3 years because of sophomore standing and are completely fine with it--but their reasons are more financial....their parents really cant afford to keep them in college an extra year (20 grand).

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

There's no way you can complete a degree program in only two years. Even if you take 20 hours a semester, 80 plus what you earn from your APs will not be enough. Maybe in 5 semesters, but you would have to really push through your major. Definetly not possible for engineering. Besides, why would you want to cut your college experience short?

By Melissamelissa (Melissamelissa) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

its because i want to go to a college in europe and be with my family ASAP. My parents, being foreign (and for those who a foreign parents u know about how much they push for you to go to a "good college," or rather one with a good name), insist one me going to UCLA or UCB. I have to make them happy so im gonna go, but I wanna get my degree and go overseas as soon as a I can, to make myself happy. I want a 4-year degree, so I was just wondering how soon I could get it. Is the university system the same as high school…..u just need certain credits for so many subjects?
Thanks everyone and happy new year!

By Melissamelissa (Melissamelissa) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 01:03 pm: Edit

anyone?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page