Pretty average kid from Cali...what are my chances?.........

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Pretty average kid from Cali...what are my chances?.........
By Kcg (Kcg) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:43 am: Edit

Hi. Could you guys please rate me and tell me if I have any chance at any f the following schools? thanks!
-NYU, USC, UCSD, UCSB, Tufts, U of Mich., Boston U. and Boston College,

my stats:
Im a junior at a very rigorous high school in northern Cali.
HS GPA: 3.85 unweighted, 4.1 weighted(will go up-im taking 4 AP's senior year)
SAT: 650M, 660V (1310) (1st time taking it)
SAT II's: gonna take them in french and math
AP exams: french, US hist., environmental science, english, and biology. (These are also the AP classes im am taking/will take)

I also took Honors chem. at a community college as well as did the "summer discovery" program @ UCSB and got A's in Statistics and Philosophy.

EC's:
Jazz band-2 years
CMEA(a music festival thing)-6
Odyssey of the Mind-2(won regional, went to state)
Peer counseling-2
Peer tutoring-2
Basketball-2
JV golf-2
President of French club and hospital colunteer CS club-2
Around 200 CS hours at a soup kitchen and a hospital.

oh-and im white, so no minority.
Please be brutally honest, but not mean. Thanks!

By Kcg (Kcg) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:44 am: Edit

whoops, keyboard messed up-its supposed to read: "if i have any chance at any of the following schools..." sorry :P

By Kcg (Kcg) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:22 am: Edit

bumpity bump :)

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:31 am: Edit

I don't know but your stats are similar to mine and i am applying to USC and Tufts aswell so i am curious.

By Kcg (Kcg) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:29 pm: Edit

bump

By Pisces3 (Pisces3) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:38 pm: Edit

Boston College, Boston U, and UCSD are probably matches. Tufts, U of Michigan, and NYU may be reaches, but not out of the question. I don't know much about USC or UCSB, so I can't help you there. Good luck.

By Kcg (Kcg) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 06:26 pm: Edit

thanks! :)

By Dstark (Dstark) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

You have a shot at all these schools. BU and UCSB should be shoo-ins. Tufts would probably be the toughest.

By Dstark (Dstark) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 06:36 pm: Edit

I am assuming you are going to take the SAT2 in writing and your sat2 scores will be similar to your sat scores.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 06:43 pm: Edit

You are looking pretty good and it is early yet for you to have your SAT scores. Don't know much about the UC system but your counselor and friends can probably give you the scoop on those schools. You may be able to apply early to U Mich and BC and get your UC apps out ASAP which would put you ahead of the game. Tufts is your toughest school and if you have your heart set on it, you may want to go ED. They have an ED1 and ED2 program, so you can even wait until you see how things go with Mich and BC if you apply EA to them. Your sitting well with your schools and are on the ball for a junior. Good luck to you.

By Kcg (Kcg) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 04:10 pm: Edit

thanks for all your help! you guys are great!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page