Harvey Mudd Acceptances/Deferrals

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Harvey Mudd Acceptances/Deferrals
By HMC on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 12:29 pm: Edit

Please post stats about Harvey Mudd acceptance/rejection/deferral...I am currently looking at this school and would like to see how selective they may or may not be, thanks

By HMC on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 04:31 pm: Edit

Please post..

By aparent on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I am a parent not an applicant, so don't take my word for much. HMC's Math SAT I scores for admits cluster in the 760-800 range. 25th percentile is around 730. Verbal is somewhat lower, in the upper 600s-mid 700s for middle 50%. Most students are in the upper decile of their class, about a third are National Merit scholars, etc., etc. About 50% of ED candidates are admitted. At the end of the whole process, about 30% of all applicants are admitted.

I accompanied my son through his early decision application process to HMC: reading the recruitment materials, the campus visit, tour, sat in waiting room during the interview. My impression from speaking to admissions people, students, professors and non-HMC claremont college students is that HMC, in addition to stats, is looking for very bright, very hard-working people of conscience. In other words, numbers have meaning, but don't tell the whole story. They don't like to discourage any very interested, motivated students from applying.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page