Indian Post #4

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Indian Post #4
By Suchitar (Suchitar) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 04:32 am: Edit

Post away!

By Venkat (Venkat) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 05:31 am: Edit

Had my Chemistry pre-board exam today.

Didn't study six major chapters out of eighteen.

How'd the paper go?

If I could find a ceiling fan, I'd be dangling from it.

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 10:56 am: Edit

Hey Venkat?

did you get into harvard?

dont forget friends at dubai?

What other colleges u applying to?

Sid and Kartik r applying to caltech,
kartik also applying to princeton, MIT, Florida Tech?

Hows life in Kuwait?

Oldfriend
Hint: next in line for something, after sid.

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:02 pm: Edit

ok.. whose this.. oldfriend_ooehs ?!?!

n venkat.. u've ALWAYS been so paranoid about chem !! umm btw.. do u guys have 2 mock exams ?

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:21 pm: Edit

Hindustan Zinzabhad. Hey Guys I am a Bengali Indian. I hate lookin at this post because you guys are geniuses. I feel like one of the most stupid indians in america(even thought I found 5 who are more stupid) lol

By Venkat (Venkat) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Hey Bhutani, how're you?

By next in line for "something", I hope you aren't talking about the infamous "Hermit" mantle.

My application has been deferred by Harvard, which, in my case, is just a platitude for "Soon to be rejected".

I have been accepted into one of my safeties - Iowa State University.

Description of life in Kuwait will take some time to write. I'll do it soon.

Kartik Subbu's applying to Florida Tech? Wonder why... Even if it is a saftey, he has better options. Oh well... whatever floats his boat.

ps :In return for your cassette (Thanks again for that!), I dub thee "Elvis Friend". May thy scrawny sidelocks mature into hirsute mutton chops.

ps 2 - Post script Reloaded : Tell me about good ol' Hilal Yusuf and Shell BEA.

ps 3 - The Return of the Post Script : Send me emails. Find the address in my profile.

(Oh, and if you're not Bhutani, skip this message. heh...)

By Venkat (Venkat) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Yes, 2 !@#$!#$ Mock exams.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:53 pm: Edit

:-)

By Venkat (Venkat) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 02:04 pm: Edit

H'lo.

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Well u guessed it right?

u applying to MIT?

Anyways harvard aint too good for Engineering,
it's not even in the top 10 for mechanical.

Why dont u apply to Illinois IT, it has a good scholarship program, & I think it is better than
Iowa,

Well any fin aid at Iowa?

What about princeton.

and i don't think Karthik will need fit,
he's ready to pay 150K for his course.

So he'll get into caltech, & BTW Stanford (ED)
rejected him.

I recognised u thanx to SAT I 1570 &
""I yam wut I yam and that's wut I yam." -
Popeye, the sailor man"

(And yes, Hermit it is)

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 02:27 pm: Edit

awww isn't this cute....a indian forum..am not indian though....<~bengali..hows life in india?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Hi all, nice to see Indian Post #4. How's it going for us Indians? Any EA/ED accepts?
Rashmi: did you get the Swarthmore ED?

By Madameinsanity (Madameinsanity) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Wow. is this just for desis in india, or lovely ABD's such as myself??

Apply case western!!

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 05:14 pm: Edit

Hey.. btw.. I got a 1540 on the latest SAT.. and i've got a best composite of 1580 (780m & 800v)! :)

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

It's for everyone who thinks they're Indian, so I guess ABD's are welcome (hmm.. nice diversion from ABCD.. even I disagree with the offensive C in the middle)

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Dangit will anyone speak with this indian?

By Itempest (Itempest) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Hey, I'm an ABD too. Not ABCD, note :P

Got deferred EA from Stanford, applying to more now...almost done...

By Tellmewhy (Tellmewhy) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 06:44 pm: Edit

I put the C in ABCD.

Hope that's a good thing? Hey is it?

By Monekit (Monekit) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 07:52 pm: Edit

hi.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

longhorn- Congrats man!!!!
Didn't apply to Swarthmore ED. Couldn't get my app together on time. In fact I still haven't finished one entire app.
:-(

By Fiza (Fiza) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

Eh i havent done my apps yet either. I'm so lazy it sickens me.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

PS I'm bengali too. All Bengalis HOLLA!

By Tellmewhy (Tellmewhy) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 12:47 am: Edit

Like the Tiger?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 01:28 am: Edit

Rashmi :-), quite the same here. I was planning to do all apps by the 15th but still have lots of work left. I sent my commonapp essay near christmas. I guess its one of the procrastination things. Had someone put all these essays on us for an english exam, all work would've been over in 4 hours! I still have my most important college essays left and the most important commonapp supplement essays left. But I am happier with every envelope sent out, and till now I've sent more than I've got left so that's something to be happy about :). BTW, how do you send out your apps? UPS? fedex? just curious

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 03:54 am: Edit

In India we use Speed post :-) and then pray for the best.
It costs us about 500 INR per packet.

By Suchitar (Suchitar) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 04:14 am: Edit

G'luck with your mocks venkat
We have ONE!!:P

welcome aneesh...new kid on the block;)

n longhorn, congratulations!=D

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 04:22 am: Edit

well.. just for info..quiet a few of us here in this post are indian born living abroad desis.. and abroad as in middle east !!

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 04:40 am: Edit

Thanks Suchitar :)
Rashmi -you use speed post.. one full Gandhiji (the 500 note)? I'll be bankrupt if I used it. I use the registered international post and it costs little.. Rs. 30 for a small envelope (20g), and something like 50 bucks for a bigger one (like the school report forms). One can't always rely on anything Jai Hind, postal service being no exception. Speed post or not.. indian postal service is a bit unreliable in everyone's opinion, but all of my mail reaches the colleges in time (takes about 16 days for the application status pages to reflect the changes). This I believe is due to the department's focus on using technology. They've installed nice black HP-Compaq PCs (which is a sign that they've got a nice budget and a good guy in the tech department), and they've used a simple but efficient application (called 'Meghdoot') for all kinds of mail tracking. There's a lot less scope for problems and human inefficiency to interfere in the current system. The postal clerk can't steal money with fake records now, and his only 'secondary' source is the change people forget to take. The only downside I feel is that you have to stand in a long queue in a shabby office. I once saw a whole lighting fixture (a framework of reflectors on the lights above - about 1.5 x 1.5 feet squared) fall down on the guy right behind me. I was listening to mp3's and didn't hear a thing :D, but was just saved. The indian public is also geared to deal with such things. As soon as the framework fell on him, he bounced it on to the postmaster general who was coincidentally nearby! I guess I'll miss these things in the US... and for good!

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 05:19 am: Edit

I'm sending everything in one big packet-the teachers reccos(sealed and signed across the envelope's flap), the Guidance Counselor(again sealed, signed and stamped across the flap). Supplementary material, fee-waiver application, transcripts, ICSE marks, my resume(if there is too lil activity space) and other stuff and even part-I(if I don't send it online).

Ok...I have a question. I want to format my essay(use italicised, bold and underlined text), but that's not possible in the online forms. So I'll put the essay into the app pckt as well..... do you think they'll mind getting the same thing again?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 05:30 am: Edit

I guess double essays might be confusing for the officers. You can use underscores like _this_ or asterisks like *this* to add emphasis where really needed. Otherwise, I don't think its a good idea to send the same thing two ways. but don't count on my opinion because I don't know too much. Let's hear what other people think about it.

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 05:45 am: Edit

Did anyone apply to MIT or Caltech?

did u submit individual research papers?
I gotta a year to prepare for it.

Venkat: no vacation?
Mocks in Dec?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

oldfriend.. I've submitted my research paper to caltech because it says in the form that I can, dunno about MIT.

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 02:19 pm: Edit

longhorn: What was the topic?

and what exactly did u do?

Do u have to make ur own equations and stuff?
or just some practical suggestions and Copy/Paste
from the net.

Everyone: Did u guys give any evidence,
like tapes, certificates etc.

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 03:24 pm: Edit

hey aneesh.. madhavi here !

its really nice to see you gearing up and deciding what to do in grade 11 itself !! When I was in grade 11.. i was sooo DUHH about what to do...

anyways, as for the evidence, if you are referring to your co curricular activities, yes, evidence is a must... i really dont think you need to go as far as tapes are concerned, but certificates from say grade 9th onwards will really help...

but ultimately it all comes down to your marks.. i am sure you dont have much of a problem with those.. but things which matter a lot are your marks and then your recos..

get them from teachers who not only know you, but can give good recos, ms. druart is one of them... and take it from a variety of people.. so that you can show your involvement in different areas, like say.. you can take from mr.zenu jacob for table tennis,mr.dilip kumar for quizzing etc...

and incase you havent done your SAT 1, do it asap... and same goes for TOEFL..

all the best for watever you do.. nad have amazin hols !!

tk care

PS: longhorn.. congrats !!

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Madhavi: Did SAT I on 6th Dec
Math: 760
Verbal:600 (left too many, & no prep u know Exams)

Doin them again on 1st May hope to cross 1550,
trying for MIT, Caltech (1500 is a must for consideration.)

BTW Toefl isn't required if u write SAT II Writing
And anyways will be applying with Eng as native language.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

Hey, I didn't know that you have to send certificates along!!!!
They don't say that anywhere in any application!
And imagine the weight of the packet if we all start putting in all our certificates!

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 12:04 am: Edit

Hey Desertrose(madhavi), Thanks!
Oldfriend-
Yeah.. Rashmi is right. Too many certificates is not a good thing. The Application becomes too heavy for postage and for the admissions staff to go through quickly. Try adding only the most important ones. Cornell specifically says you shouldn't send any certificates for proof-sake. But I think 3-4 sheets (max.) shouldn't be a big problem. The college admins can make out if you're lying or not, so they don't need too much evidence to prove things - I heard that from lotsa places.
About the research papers - I submitted a research paper that was published. I guess a research paper made only for the college application purpose wouldn't be so useful. A research paper is a description of some sort of research you carried out, in any subject. A Copy-Paste job can be called a research paper but would be of no use unless it doesn't have any new knowledge or partially new knowledge contained in it.

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 01:52 am: Edit

I am not too sure about tat writing/TOEFL thing...

By Godis (Godis) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:12 am: Edit

Greetings chaps. ABD here.

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:36 am: Edit

hey whats up?
<~ABD
Which states were all you ABDs and ABCDs born?

By Iluvlucy (Iluvlucy) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 02:47 pm: Edit

new york

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Hey what's a ABD and what's a ABCD???

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Hey what's a ABD and what's a ABCD???

By Sid_Mathur (Sid_Mathur) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 04:12 pm: Edit

ABCD= American Born Crazed Desi

By Studyguy346 (Studyguy346) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:50 pm: Edit

question to all you other indians out there.. i know we mark asian on the application but are we under or over represented minorities?

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:02 pm: Edit

Thanks, Sid =)
but what's Desi? (sorry, I don't know)

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

over represented minority!

By Thecurious1 (Thecurious1) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

what a lame board! stay in ur country, we don't need you. certainly not here at yale.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 11:03 pm: Edit

What the phuc is your problem the curious

And why r u posting here if this is a lame post?

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 12:30 am: Edit

Desi=over represented minority? How? someone care to break it down for me?

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 06:50 am: Edit

Desi is not equal to over represented minority.
Studguy346 asked if we were underrepresented or overrepresented minority, so I was answering him.

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 08:35 am: Edit

Quote:

certainly not here at yale.

And who may I ask, are you to decide?

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 09:12 am: Edit

get the hell out of here
thecurious1 firangi!!!!!!!

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:58 am: Edit

Focus people...I want to know what Desi means...

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:17 am: Edit

thecurious1 is one kuthar baicha....dam harami...a dam khanki...when i say desi.....im speaking about just indians...not just indians..but all desis....like bengalis.pakis..indians..etc..

By Sharshar (Sharshar) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:27 am: Edit

thx Nycdebater =)
BTW, is "Desi" an Indian word?

By Iluvlucy (Iluvlucy) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

Desi means someone from your own country; desh is Hindi for "country". I don't know who turned desh into "Des"

By Venkat (Venkat) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 12:35 pm: Edit

Venkat is ABD.

However, in his case, ABD stands for "America Bound Desi".

Venkat waves.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Believe me, at most colleges desis are not overly represented minorities....Asians are...but not desis specifically

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE(1.02 am in India)

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:34 pm: Edit

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:36 pm: Edit

notttt yet.

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 02:39 pm: Edit

pakis are not desis.
ABCD: American Born Confused(and not Crazed) Desis

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:04 pm: Edit

Happy New Year Everyone... 1:34 here in India. Hope 2004 gets you to your first-choice college.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:12 pm: Edit

ILuvLucy- you are right about desh.
But desi is a proper word..it's used for stuff which belong to the country. Like u say desi ghee(original Indian ghee)...that ways...

By Iluvlucy (Iluvlucy) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:35 pm: Edit

Iamthekid:

A desi is anyone from south asia, including Pakistan. "Paki" is a derogatory word and it was bigoted of you to use it.

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:57 pm: Edit

'desi' the word as you use it could mean anything you want - whether only indians or all south asians. If you consider the literal meaning, 'desi' means belonging to the same country as the speaker of the word, i.e. native ('apne desh ka'). In that manner, every american is a desi for every other american. In hindi, 'desi' means 'desh ka', where desh means country, and ka means 'belonging to'.

desh becomes des in lots of hindi dialects including most notably Brajbhasha (the one in which a lot of hindi literary work including Kabir & Rahim's is written).
Plus, hindi language has some rules for the combination of two words to make a single word, called the 'sandhi' rules. According to the rules, you transform two words depending on the context to make a combined word, so something like 'nar' (man) combined with 'ishwar' or 'ish' (god), makes the word 'naresh' (god of men) according to these rules. 'ishwar' never became 'esh', the transformation was just specific to this word.
Hope that helps clear things a bit.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

HAHA...just for fun...what place, do u think( or hope), u would be celebrating your next new years eve

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:18 pm: Edit

MA or PA(hopefully!)

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:21 pm: Edit

college... and one where it snows as well (I live in a desert)

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:25 pm: Edit

Happy New Year Rashmi.. how've your apps come along? I'm down to two apps left pending and I just did the two academic short essays for Cornell. Guess I'll need to write 4-5 essays for Cornell and none of them coming recycled from old ones. Anyone applying there?

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I mailed 10 apps today. I'm sending part I throuh commonapps online.... but commonapps pretty bugging right now. Doesn't work properly most of the time. I think the server's must be groaning because of the traffic.
You can recyle the "Why Cornell" essay for your other Why xyz essays(that's if you have them).
My pres are starting from the 7th, so from tomorrow onwards I'll start studying.
Best of Luck everyone!

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:33 pm: Edit

longhorn..I'd like to chat with you. If you use yahoo msger my id is in the profile. Add me up.
:-)

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

yeah.. the commonapp online is buggy, mainly the supplements part. The supplements almost always crash with Internet Explorer and Acrobat 6, which everyone uses. I tried Acrobat 5 and a different browser (mozilla) and then its not buggy at all. hmm.. nice idea on the essays. thanks.
Best of luck for the pre-boards :)

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

ILuvLUcy.....i also said paki but i didnt know it was a derogatory word but now i do so im sorry i used it...oopsie..

its not a new year for me yet......still got like 2 hours and 15 mins

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

Rashmi: How do you only send Part I through Common App online?
ILuvLucy: Sorry fro using Paki. I was just quoting NycDebater. But Desi only includes those from a particular country which in this case is INDIA

By Way2usa (Way2usa) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 01:47 am: Edit

Everyone: How are all of your mid-year grades?

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 02:01 am: Edit

Online you can only send part-I and a few supplements.
Obviously teacher's reccos and Guidance counselor recco, school report(and other Part-II stuff) can't go online!

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

Iamthekid.......you maybe right.....but everyone uses it to describe bengalis, indians, pakistanis, etc........

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 10:02 am: Edit

Do you mean Banglasdeshis when you talk about Bengalis?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

You're calling for useless arguments. If you don't like the thread, don't look at it. How do you plan to be 'looking out' for your country through a *public* message board? It's doofs like you who give your country a bad name and invited the 9/11. Guess what.. no one's asking you.. so why don't you do something else for a change?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

You're calling for useless arguments. If you don't like the thread, don't look at it. How do you plan to be 'looking out' for your country through a *public* message board? It's doofs like you who give your country a bad name and invited the 9/11. Guess what.. no one's asking you.. so why don't you do something else for a change?

By Iluvlucy (Iluvlucy) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 02:25 pm: Edit

Thecurious,
So this is your line of thinking: just because we happen to have darker skin than you do we're all a bunch of terrorists. With your penchant for vast sweeping generalizations about entire groups of people, you're the one who sounds like a terrorist. Why don't you go tell white males what you just told us? I don't want another Unabomber, or another Timothy McVeigh.

By Iluvlucy (Iluvlucy) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Longhorn: no one "invited" 9/11, and I don't think its fair to imply that it was justified just because of one guy like Thecurious.

NYCdebater and Iamthekid: It's okay.

By Rickypatel (Rickypatel) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

man-- I must be the dumbest Indian here -.- I only got a 1220 on my SATs. So, I truly am an ABCD. =(

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

The Curious1:

You are yet again one of thos infinitely dumb americans. By the way 9/11 happened coz of Arabs, Afghans, and Pakis. Read the Title:"Indian Post#4".
And hey, what about Tiothy Mcveigh and that guy who faught for Taliban???

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

well.. iluvlucy, the CIA had the warning signs that something like this was underway and bin laden did rise partly due to american support. I'm not justifying 9/11 - it was a hideous crime. But I'm just pointing at the kind of stupidity that thecurios1 exhibits so well.

By Airindia (Airindia) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 02:02 am: Edit

hey desis
babababababangalore boy here
howsit goin???
man lifes tuff uff
too many formalities for applying na?
i havent taken up sat yet(will in march)suggest books
whichis the best book(kplan/barrons/princeton) for sat and sat2??
i have barrons for sat1.good enough?
thanx in advance
cheers

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

wishing all of you a bright and properous 2004 !! an important yr for most of on this board i guess.. and hopin tat all ur wishes get fulfilld this yr !!

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

thecurious1...u so dam ignorant and it doesnt surprise..me...bcuz most ppl in U.S. are ignorant...truth be told...my teacher was telling me about his friend who said somethin like we are gonna bomb the iraqis for 9/11....revenge....and my teacher was just like he couldnt even say anything...not even argue...bcuz he is sooo dam ignorant..compound ignorant...and thats what u r...i mean to assume that all indians and etc are gonna bomb the nation is just stupid of you..what about the white guy who bombed oklahoma back then.....WHAT ABOUT ALL THE DAM SERIAL KILLERS WHO ARE WHITE>....i mean...they are a threat to our nation....why dont we just check up on every dam white person..first of all about color iluvlucy....the men who were are on the plane werent even dark skinned....second iamthekid..its not the arabs, pakistanis, afghanis who did this...it was a group of ppl..nothin to do wit religion or race....BIN LADEN isnt even afghani.....hes suadia arabian...o yeh and bengali means bangladeshi

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

HAHA..this post is getting lame now!

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

one correction nycdebater:
Bengali includes Indian Bengalis(from West Bengal) and not Bangladeshis
That is what I think......could be wrong.

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:36 pm: Edit

End this Topic and let's not get carried on because of this ignorant American.
Startr Something New:
Where alll is everyone applying?

By Longhorn (Longhorn) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

MIT, Princeton, Caltech. What about you iamthekid?

By Oldfriend_Ooehs (Oldfriend_Ooehs) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 12:10 am: Edit

This Year in Oct 04 I'll apply to,

MIT, Caltech, Stanford, Harvard, Illinois IT, Florida Tech

All reaches except IIT & Florida

By Financelad (Financelad) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

lol been gone for winter break and soo much hostility
hrm.. funny actually
I bet thecurious1 is prolly INDIAN who wants to make a name for himself or jsut another dumbass with lots of time to kill

By Rageagainstapps (Rageagainstapps) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 02:25 am: Edit

eeeeeeeeeeeeeh desi! vat is up?

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 02:41 pm: Edit

hmmm im not sure...are u saying people from calcutta are bengalis?...and like ppl from bangladesh are bangladeshis....im not sure

By Desertrose (Desertrose) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Me applying to Canadian colleges.. Any body has any info about which are the best for Engineering.. ?

I have applied to McGill, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of Alberta and University of British Columbia...

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Heard lots of snow and avalanches at denver financelad?

By Nutmag345 (Nutmag345) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 04:56 pm: Edit

Nycdebater, people from Kolkatta are definately Bengalis. Just look at the captain of the Indian cricket team, the Bengal Tiger Saurav Ganguly.

And now for some disturbing news.
The curious1 has caught on to our plans. Because of his comments, I am leaving to India tomorrow. There, using my boundless rabble rousing abilities, I am going to form a millant army that is going to hunt him down and burn down the rest of his country.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:12 pm: Edit

""burn down the rest of his country""

Pls dont say that again

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

lol nutmag

By Nutmag345 (Nutmag345) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Becks777, relax. I live in America, so I definately wouldn't "burn down" the country that has given me so much. Though I meant it when I said I want to "hunt down" our wise friend curious1.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

lets just nail thecurious down and not his country.....looks like hes going to yale, so lets make a trip down east

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 11:40 pm: Edit

he is going to be kicked out from yale soon for his racist commnets and his super ignorance combined with dumbness

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

Yale, Princeton,Dartmouth, Cornell, JHU

By Iamthekid (Iamthekid) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

It is amazing........
Yet again you show your ignorance....
It is Israel and not ISREAL..........
You are asking for War.........

By Financelad (Financelad) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:53 pm: Edit

yeah Becks777 its hellah cold these days the temp goes down to -1 F :(

and hellah avalanches the west cost is SO fricking cold GAHH! help

also on a side note I HELLAH owned it up this semester ;)

By Willis (Willis) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:58 pm: Edit

hey another guy named neel. Hello neel, i am also neel, an ABD from Kentucky! What a nice blend of cultures -- Hinduism and good ol' Kentucky hillbilly.

And wats with this about "well this is for anyone who thinks they're indian, so i GUESS ABD's are allowed." wtf? is that to imply that I am not indian? Hell, im just as indian as the next guy, i dont have to be born in the mother country to represent.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Haha...are there indians in kentucky?

By Dreaminfrosh (Dreaminfrosh) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

any transfer applicants here?

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

the only indians i know of in kentucky were shoved there so they or their parents could pursue medical careers where nobody else wants to live. You don't have to believe me though, Willis: there's no other reason an indian would be in Kentuck, although I find Lexington a charming city. In reponse to the Kentucky hillbilly comment, I happen to have several highly educated relatives to live there (although grudgingly I admit they are in the minority).

By Financelad (Financelad) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 01:49 pm: Edit

so which one of you got their F-1 VISA stamped:)

yeah getting into the college is not the main hurdle. getting the VISA is a hurdle :( unless youa re a US citizen ;)

By Schumy (Schumy) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Hi Venkat , nice to see you on the board. That was a neat essay you wrote for harvard(the rolling stone one). And in case your'e wondering I got it from my friend sampath.

How are pb's going maggu?

Ps:I met Gokul this weekend at a quiz,he feels Caltech is too 'nerdy' for him. The guy sure is modest:d.

By Venkat (Venkat) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

Hi Schumy,

Thanks, though in retrospect, I did beat around the bush a lot in my essays.

Anyway, just finished with the first pre-boards a week ago. Pre-board II is underway. There're rumours that this might become a trilogy... dammit.

Aneesh, I'm sorry I haven't replied to your e-mail yet. Don't hold your breath. It will take time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page