Chances with these sucky stats?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Chances with these sucky stats?
By Josh Zhee on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 01:28 am: Edit

I was wondering about my chances at these colleges: UC Irvine, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside, University of Washington, and USF. My GPA is only 3.55(it's gone up every year since freshman) and I got a 1270 on SATI plus 620 writing, 660 math IC, and 690 USHistory. My essay is average and my extra curriculars suck. If anyone tell me my chances I would be thankfull.

By opinionated on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:13 am: Edit

is that weighted? Assuming it is unweighted and you live in CA...

UCI - most lkely
UCD - yes
UCSC - yes
UCR - yes
UW - no
USF- haven't really heard of it so dunno, doubt it's harder than UCI.

By Duchovnysfan on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:35 am: Edit

Your scores are pretty good, but I need more information, APs, the content of Ec's. Based on your information...

UCI--> yes
UCD--> most likely
UCSC--> yes
UCR --> yes, w/o any difficulty
UW--> not sure
USF --> probably

Hope that was helpful :)

By USF on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:49 am: Edit

HAHA, USF is a joke. I live in Tampa, and only the dumb kids that barely break 1000 on the SAT go to USF. You are in at USF FOR SURE! At my school, USF has an instant decision day where they come to the school and tell you whether or not you are accepted in only a preiod of 20 minutes. My friend got in with a 890 on the sat, no EC's, no recs, and decent gpa.

By asdfasdfas on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 03:27 am: Edit

USF? which one?

university of south florida? university of san francisco? university of san flamingo? eh?

By Josh Zhee. on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:49 pm: Edit

I was talking about University of San Francisco, not the one in south florida.

By asdfasdfaf on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:50 pm: Edit

Isn't that an art school........with a bunch of hippies and homosexuals?

By Josh Zhee on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:54 pm: Edit

It's Catholic affliated. From their catalogs they look pretty good. My cousin went there and now she's in medical school, so I'm assuming it's a decent school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page