Williams, williams, williams

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Williams, williams, williams
By Zxcvbnm (Zxcvbnm) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 04:28 pm: Edit

I've appled EA to Williams, and was just looking for some encouragment. here are my stats. be brutally honest.

White male, uppermiddle class

SATI: V 780 M 800, composite 1580
SATIIS: MathIIc 800, US Hist 800, Writing 780
GPA, UW: 4.00
GPA W: 5.2ish

APs: Bio 5, Chem 5, Comp Sci 5, Psycology 5, Euro hist 5, American hist 5, Latin (anied)5
APs for Senior year: physics, law and gov, macro econ, latin (catullus), Calc, English lit

ECs: all for 4 years

school newspaper-editor in chief

trumpet- school band, jazz band, wind ensamble, pep band and pit orchestra. All county and State twice each

Chess club- president

National honors society

latin club

greek club

Mathletics team

academic challenge team--captain

Model UN- Secretary General

Robotics club- president

fencing team

Volunteering:
200 hours total at local hospital
600 hours in Guatemala over past two summers

Jobs: worked at staples for a summer, babysitting, mowing lawns, etc.

Internships: with local congressman

community college courses: html A, Chinese history A, Astronomy A-

national merit semifinalist

slew of other random school awards

decent essay and recs

If your could give your best estimation, on a scale of 1 to 100, that would be great. Any advice is welcome. I know everyone says it's hard to put a number on these things, that it's a tossup, but if you could just estimate. Thanx!
Oh, by the way, my uncle went there, and although I do fence, i'm very bad, and there's no way they'd recriut me.

By Adxj220 (Adxj220) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 04:51 pm: Edit

If you applied ea to williams, which is ed, you should have known whether you got in befor you posted. Is this a joke? because you are ridiculously well qualified

By Zxcvbnm (Zxcvbnm) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit

i did apply ed to williams, that was just a stupid mistake. but everything else is true. thsi isn't a joke at all. i haven't gotten word back yet which is actually making me worried. I called yesterday, and they said that there was a mix up and some acceptence/ rejection /deferral letters hadn't gone out yet. and from looking at the posts on this site, i don't think i'm overqualified at all.

By Zxcvbnm (Zxcvbnm) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 08:27 pm: Edit

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesee rrrrreeeeeeeeeesssssssssspppppppppooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:34 pm: Edit

where in guatemala did you volunteer.

what organization?
where did you stay?

by the way, since I lived in Guatemala for 13 years i can know if you are bullshitting or not.

By Penguin (Penguin) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

If this is real - I'm skeptical - you're 95%+ certainly in. A friend of mine applied RD last year, got an early write acceptance. He had very impressive scores - though not as many AP 5s as you - and solid ECs - though fewer than your many astounding ones. Williams really ought to tell you over the phone whether you got in or not, since many RD apps are due in a week, but I suspect you have nothing to worry about.

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:15 pm: Edit

jesus you're in eveyr club, on every team, perfect scores, perfect grades--do you have a life man?

By Collegehelp1234 (Collegehelp1234) on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 03:29 am: Edit

"If this is real -I'm skeptical" my point exactly.

I wish there was some way to see how many of these posts are real and how many are fake.

P.S. cool party mike

By Haon (Haon) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Williams wouldn't recruit your for fencing because our fencing team is club (i'm on it). Your ECs look good, not amazing, but good enough. Your scores DO look amazing. I'd say you have a good chance of getting in (your uncle going there helps too)...

Please post when you find out, I hope to see you at WIlliams next fall.

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 04:53 pm: Edit

yeah, this person has too many ECS

By Wo4567 (Wo4567) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

is this a human being? or a simulation to make the rest of us develop an inferiority complex? haha just joking but why do these people post this if not to make the rest of us feel very very badly about ourselves?

By Perry (Perry) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

If I'm not mistaken, AP Latin may be taken as a two-course sequence: AP Catallus (junior year) and AP Aenied (senior year). The original poster has listed the courses in reverse order, raising questions about the validity of his initial note.

By Penguin (Penguin) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Perry: I've got my doubts about the OP too, but I don't think the order in which he listed the Latin APs means much. Your school may offer Catullus before Virgil, but I can say that if I were going to take a Latin AP at all I'd be much better qualified for the Aeneid.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page