Transfers to Harvard

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Transfers to Harvard
By Zach on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:58 am: Edit

Does anyone here know anything about transferring to an IVY from a private school/community college? Is it a huge deal whether or not you went to a private school or community college? Also, do you think people stand a better chance waiting TWO years and transferring as a junior or just waiting a year and going in as a sophomore? Also, what would put you ahead in the game as a transfer applying to Harvard?

By Sonicbill1 (Sonicbill1) on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 01:13 am: Edit

Just so you know, transferring to an Ivy is extremely difficult. Most Ivys want you at their college for the full four years. Not saying it isn't possible to transfer to Harvard, cause it certainly is. But it's not any easier as if you were applying as a freshman.

By Ken Palmer on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 02:20 am: Edit

Zach,

I transfered to harvard last year. i was in honors program at my CC, had 3.8 overall gpa, high school gpa 3.8, high school EC'c excellent, essay excellent (i guess, i got in), SAT's not so great, recommendations sucked because my profs. didn't know me that well. make sure you convince them why you wanna study your major there. also, essay is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. it can't be stressed enough. remember, they also look at your high school records. just write a superb essay and you'll have a chance. btw, i got into their honors program and am currently finishing up my junior essay. i'm an english major. hope that helps.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page