COLUMBIA ENGINEERING...snowball?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: COLUMBIA ENGINEERING...snowball?
By Greg on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Hi, my name is Greg Zhu and I am a Junior in high school. I was wondering if I could get my chances evaluated for columbia engineering?

SAT: 1500
MATH: 780
VERBAL: 720

SAT II's-

Biology- 730
Math- 760
Writing- 700

I go to a competitive high school in California and am in the top 10%.

EXTRA C'S:

JV x-country

30th in the state in expository speaking

Newspaper staff member

speech and debate

community service- 200 hrs

Essays- top-notch

My dad is also good friends with a professor at the engineering school..will that help?

THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK

By ben on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Very good shot, the fu foundation is no that hard to get in to, it the college at columbia thats tough

By b on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 06:45 pm: Edit

Assuming your grades are as respectable as your test scores, you should be fine. I reccomend a retake for SAT I, Writing, and Math IIC during the fall of your senior year because your skills will have improved by then. Bio too if you plan on taking more relevent bio courses in the time between.

By greg on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

I forgot to mention that my gpa is 4.3 UW and 3.8 W. and i am applying to the college at columbia.

Thanks Ben and b, and for any more feedback!

By drgrdgfx on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Ummmm if you want Engineering, then apply to the Fu Foundation, cuz that's where Engineering is. But look around, there are some Engineering programs that are so much better.

By luzer on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 07:32 pm: Edit

< flame removed -Admin >

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page