How important is CLASS DISCUSSION in college?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: How important is CLASS DISCUSSION in college?
By White GUy on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 03:35 am: Edit

I'm probably going to major in political science in college, and am worried that if I go to a big school there won't be much class discussion. I'll probably end up at UCLA or UC Berkeley because my family can't really afford a private school (and I'm white, so I get no sympathy in the form of financial aid). What are everyone's thoughts on how important class size and discussion is for a poli sci major (or any other major at that) and if anyone goes to UCLA or Berkeley, how much discussion is there? Thanks

By 3 on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Say you're in a huge lecture class say M,W,F. You'll break down into small discussion groups led by a T/A T,Th and that's when your major discussions will take place. However, most classes aren't large lecture classes, and you'll be able to go in and talk to your prof during his office hours if you don't feel like you're having enough discussion.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page