Liberal Arts Admission Help! Where should I go?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Liberal Arts Admission Help! Where should I go?
By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 09:15 pm: Edit

Where should I go??
give your opinion

I am applying to:

Dickinson
Bucknell
Lafayette
Hamilton
Fairfield U.
Colgate

Which one should I go to?

Stats:
700 m 610v
3.43 gpa (unweughted)

FBLA Vice President
State public speaking winner
4 year varsity Soccer
other soccer awards(outside of hs)
literary mag member
Schoolwide M.L.K. Poetry competition winner
etc.

(p.s. I will play soccer at all of these schools and was already told "not to worry about getting into" Dickinson, Fairfield, and Hamilton-these are the ones where the coaching staff contacted/recruited me)

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 09:32 pm: Edit

well, what's your opinion?

By duckhunt on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 09:52 pm: Edit

Hamilton really stinks, the class size is really small, it`s located in the middle of nowhere, and it`s really kinda deserted. Also, ya cant get into any good graduate schools if you attend hamilton. They all end up at the University of Vermont medical and law schools

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I liked Dickinson alot. My family knows two graduates from Dickinson know are both doing very well now. One is a patton attorney who went to Yale Law School and one went to Georgetown for business school and is now editor of the Georgetown review.

That tells me a little bit about Dickinson....
plus I liked Dickinson alot...it's a hot school.

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 12:02 am: Edit

bump....c'mon people...tell me your favorite

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 12:27 am: Edit

bump

By conservativechick on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

have you considered haverford?

By Burberry (Burberry) on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 11:59 pm: Edit

i've heard good things about colgate, but i'm not sure which departments would be best suited to your needs.

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

A couple of my friends go to Colgate and like it alot. It is sort of in the middle of nowhere, but I have a good feeling that an envirnment were not TOO much is going on. Studying is easier to get to.

I want to major in International Business & Management

By Amg2k03 (Amg2k03) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

Anyone else have any input??

By Lbl627 (Lbl627) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:42 am: Edit

I graduated two years ago from Bucknell and have nothing but great things to say about it. Even though the town is very very small the social life on campus is great. Also, now that I have gone through the whole job interviewing process (actually I'm on my second job), coming out of Bucknell you have a great networking opportunities in places like Boston, Philly, and especially NYC. If there is anything specific you want to know I am glad to offer my opinion. I know most of the schools you mentioned. I applied to most in fact so I have a pretty good idea of the differences between each of them.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page