Georgetown SFS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Georgetown SFS
By Ann85 (Ann85) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 05:22 pm: Edit

OK i just applied to the Georgetown SFS RD, but from what im hearing its pratically impossible to get into. I might be able to call the school and change my application from SFS to the school of arts and sciences. What do you guys think? here are my stats:

1360 SAT, 30 ACT, 750wr, 730ushis, 700lit, top 5%of class, 4.0+ weighted average (don't know what it is unweighted), 7 ap courses (US history, Calc, Eng comp, Eng lit, Bio, psych, govn't), taken 3 college courses (one in geology and two in french/average in french is a 4.0), President of my schools Jazz Choir, historian of the Anchor Club (a community service organization), founder of the debate team, member of the school newspaper (sports editor/10th, news editor/11th), had one of my Op-Ed pieces printed in Newsday (a popular newspaper on Long Island NY), Key Club, NHS, play V Soccer, V Lacrosse, and run V track, active in dramatics, attended Presidential Classroom last summer etc

Thanks! :)

By Fish (Fish) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 07:05 pm: Edit

I hope you're wrong. I applied as well.

By Fish (Fish) on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 07:07 pm: Edit

I like to echo myself occasionally. Especially on a moribund computer.

By Yoshi on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 06:01 am: Edit

don't worry about it, if u can improve ur SAT score by a 100 points ull have a more solid application.. Also, you need to demonstrate a passion for Foreign Affairs: any MUN activity, etc..

Kids in the College (Arts & Sciences) have similar stats to SFS students, 'cept it is harder to get into SFS considering it is the premire school of its type in the US. So make sure u emphasize ur interest in int'l affairs and demonstrate involvement..

I got into SFS RD with SAT 1410 but stellar essays, I am also an intl student (English is my 2nd lang)

By Ann85 (Ann85) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 11:21 am: Edit

Thanks for the reply. I wish my school had MUN or something like that but i had enough trouble trying to get them to start a debate club(anything that doesn't involve the football team in some way or another doesn't get funding). My essay on international affairs was really good; it was about an obscure topic so I think that should help me. Also one of my teacher recommendations has to do specifically with my interest in international economics (what Iím considering majoring in). Unfortunately I am a pretty bad test taker so getting a higher score on my SAT isn't going to happen; hopefully it wont hurt me too much.

By d on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 12:54 pm: Edit

What does SFS stand for?

By Ann85 (Ann85) on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 01:39 pm: Edit

School of Foreign Service

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page