Cheating and College Admissions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Cheating and College Admissions
By PhilisophicalMan on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 06:37 pm: Edit

i believe that with all of the new technology coming out and websites where you can get essays that there will soon be a class taken by high school seniors called "Disquising Used Papers 101". Its just a matter of time before plagurism goes out the window and this is all part of the privacy issue. Cheating is looked down upon, but really, what people are unwilling to accept, is that it is a way of life everywhere in the world and its never going to stop, because its not the person, its society. until people see that, college admissions is a big joke because who knows who really deserved something they got because for all we know they could have sheated theeir whole way through high school. See, the fact is that kids these days aren't thinking about how to attack a problem to make is simpler, they are thinking how can i do this doing less work and getting the same or better result. I mean lets, think about everything from a deeper level. we were all taught in school the culture and ideals of our world. but what does this information really mean. nothing is the answer. nothing. society has shaped who we are by teaching us the things we learned. I mean think about it, if we were just let to live outside, not learning anything or living by the ways of society, we would be fine. math is a made up code. Ie. for now on 2+3 will equal 10. no ifs ands or buts. anyway im off the topis so write back. peace

By hi on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:07 pm: Edit

Quite philisophical there, Mr. PhilisophicalMan. That's really deep, dude! Now go put on your dunce cap and sit in the corner. Rather than teaching "DisGuising Used Papers 101," society should teach "Using words like 'Society' and 'Culture' and 'Ideals' does not make you a philosipher, rather it makes you look stupid because you have no message behind what's coming out of your ass." Until you know something, don't talk please.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:25 pm: Edit

I think the message was that our society lacks work ethic... everyone wants to be somebody without taking any initiative. Why do you think the lottery is so popular in America?

perhaps society should teach ignorant critics to keep their mouths closed

By hi on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Pat, I have a dunce cap for you too, if you really want it.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 07:37 pm: Edit

nah, you owe it to yourself :)

By MeWe on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Gr8 Analysus! Go you!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page