To those who have taken several AP courses...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: To those who have taken several AP courses...
By bstern on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

I posted this on the other message board, but it seems that more people reply on this one:) ...

I was wondering which tests you found the easiest and any advice you had for the following:

This year...
US History
Biology
English Lang

Next year...
English Lit
Calculus AB
Psychology
Spanish
US Gov't
Art

** In particular, any tips on finishing the English Lang in time... I have a feeling that I will have a problem... I already recieved a 5 on Eur History... is US easier to score a 5 on? Does anyone know how hard art portfolios are graded also? Thanks for any help...

By go calc! on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Calc is stupid, have fun!

By Burberry (Burberry) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

judging from the stats in my school...
US is tough if you're a poor writer
Bio is easy if you study the Cliffs Notes
English is easy if you know English
Calc AB is easy if you have taken the class
Spanish is somewhat tough
Art is very subjective, nobody scored above a 3 last year.
good luck

By bstern on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:18 am: Edit

Thanks for your help Burberry

By sr on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:05 am: Edit

PSYCH is the easiest test. Read David G. Myers "Psychology, 6th ed" or w/e he is on now. I got a 5. Also, psych AP is a half year exam according to ets, and my school does it full year (like most). Nevertheless, my teacher is an AP reader for the psych test, so we were trained to write pretty well. With Psych, write all the info you know, no fluff, just define everything, and then apply. You'll get a 5, easily, if you read myers and practice soem essays

By eng on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 09:13 am: Edit

i read sample essays in a book for english the day before and i got a 4

By ionstan on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:00 pm: Edit

I guess it depends on your teacher. Take some practice tests and if you don't feel adequetly prepared, then get a review book. My calc BC teacher put me to sleep so I got one of those review books and surprisingly got a 5...

I thought the essays for english lang were really easy. Last year's seemed much easier than the previous year's. The MC part was hard tho :(

Also, american history's dbq is probably harder than euro's because you actually need to know some facts outside the documents...

My advice for any of the tests is to take a lot of practice tests...good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page