Rate this, dudes!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Rate this, dudes!
By Notstressed (Notstressed) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 01:58 am: Edit

1400 SAT I, 710 Math IIC 690 Writing 630 US History (bad) 4.4 GPA, top of class...
Not applying to private schools since they rip you off.
Sticking with UC system, where I'll get just as good an education.
I tell you, look at the avg. GPA for Stanford (3.86) Berkeley (3.72) and you see they want diversity.
Oh, yea, I only took SATs once each, and didn't study at all.

By Collegehelp1234 (Collegehelp1234) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:12 am: Edit

I'd kill sooooo many fluffy, adorable squirrels just to have your GPA. You beat me by almost an entire grade (I'm around 3.45). I beat you on SATs though haha (1520).

Anyways, I am curious as to where you got that GPA information? Is it a website? Specifically, the Berkeley GPA is incorrect: that is most likely the UNWEIGHTED GPA from two years ago. Most recently, their average unweighted GPA was about 3.8, and their WEIGHTED was 4.22 or something rediculously high (like yours). I would retake the US history one if I were you, as the UCs take SAT IIs seriously. You are a good candidate for Berkeley, and will definitely get into San Diego. The two difficult ones, Berkeley and Los Angeles, are relatively unpredictable, but you should be an easy "in".

Also, what are your intended majors? the school of engineering is INCREDIBLY difficult for admissions to Berkeley, but is in the top three (possibly #1) universities for Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering (as well as CompSci).

Good luck, and happy Thanksgiving!

By Notstressed (Notstressed) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:20 am: Edit

yea, bioengineering is the intention.
i mean, I got a crappy 4 on the AP US history, but I'm not into liberal arts and stuff, per say, but... yea... I guess the Berkeley overall is unweighted. (UCLA is 4.05.. weighted, duh)
seriously, I think this whole SAT stuff is bs, in that it does not reflect overall intelligence.
Example: kid in AP Bio... 800 MATH IIC, and WRiting... but 1390 SAT I... i get 103 percent on the tests, and he's consistently second. so many people are smarter than their SATs "show." but, then again, some (above 1500) clearly are VERY smart.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page