Do I even have a chance with a 1400

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Do I even have a chance with a 1400
By UPENN FAN on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 03:58 am: Edit

Well im applying to: Columbia, Cornell, Northwestern, Dartmouth, Brown, UPENN, and NYU, and a couple other safties.

SAT1: 1400 (730V)(ya i know it is kinda low)
SAT2: 730 average

GPA: 3.9/4.0 Top 10%

AP Calc, AP Chem, AP Stats, AP American Hist, AP Gov, Honors English....with A's in all of my AP and honors classes

EC:
Varsity Track
Founder/President of Computer Club
Sec/Founding Member of Junior Statesmen of America
Sec of Honor Society
Sec of Diversity Club
Member of City Youth and Leadership Board
Volunteer at Univeristy of Washington Medical Center

Please help me out here, thanks

By The (The) on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 03:59 am: Edit

Sure you do. Those are good scores...

By ray on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 05:37 am: Edit

You should definitely go for it! I got into Yale ED with a 1450. My average is about 94. I actually got an 81 for the quarter in one class this year (my senior year). Yale didn't care at all, I guess. Good luck!

By board_sucks! on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 11:12 am: Edit

GOD!!! when will ppl on this board understand that 1400 is a good score. don`t give a •••• to all those dumbasses who post 1600 stats & wonder if they have a chance!!!SCORES are not everything!! ESSAYs count a lot!! the whole impression!!give it a try and be hopeful!!

By evan on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 02:31 pm: Edit

A 1400 is seen as a qualifying score. A 1400 will not, more or less, give you an advantage or disadvantage. Even whites with 1300 scores have gotten in recently. Your academics sound solid... ecs ok (I don't know how prestigious some of these positions are so I can't really say). Definite yes at NYU, decent shot at Cornell. Everything else is iffy, but itsn't it iffy for everyone?

By UR GAY! on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 02:56 pm: Edit

Don't be gay, asking if you will even have a chance with a 1400. A 1400 is good and everyone on this board knows it, so don't try and make it sound like a 1400 is so low that you might not have a shot at the ivies. GET A LIFE and stop being GAY!

By UR STRAIGHT, I HOPE on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 12:57 am: Edit

shut up already(yes, this is the slang spelling, DEAL WITH IT!!!). "UR GAY!" is probably applying to all the same schools as you (UPENN FAN) are and just wants to discourage you about applying, therefore supposedly improving "UR GAY!"'s own chances of getting in. Keep up the good work, you'll get into most of those schools.

By UPENN FAN on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 08:05 pm: Edit

thanks you guys, that helps a lot.

By . on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 03:28 am: Edit

that's funny..."shut up already(yes, this is the slang spelling, DEAL WITH IT!!!)." I can't stand it when people write "already" because I always think that the morons know what the hell they're doing. Thanks for proving me wrong...'tis refreshing!

By 007 on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 04:26 pm: Edit

bump

By yale freshman on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

I don't think scores matter that much- I think recs and grades are much more important. I got into yale with a 1400, and I'm not an athlete. My good friend there had a 13 something. Stop stressing about it. There are more important things in life.

By Newbie on Thursday, January 02, 2003 - 08:51 pm: Edit

Scores don't matter as much as if you show passion, and personality. Show what makes you special...ie. if you are asian american, what makes you special from all other asian americans. Remember: 80-90% of the people who apply to Ivies are qualified to do the work there. They want you to add diversity to the campus.

By T-ravis on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

I would liken your question to a hot, thin, sexy female asking a guy if they think they look fat. Come on, you know how good you are, dont rub it in on the rest of us.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page