Nervous Wreck

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Nervous Wreck
By Twsmhs (Twsmhs) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

I'm eagerly awaiting my ED decision, but, after reviewing my application, realized that I had made an error!!

In one of my essays, I accidently ommitted an "a." The sentence reads slightly awkardly. I had many people profread it, and reread it many times myself, but didn't come over this mistake!

Besides this, the rest of my application is without mistake.

How much do you think it will effect my chances?

Response please!

Thank you, greatly appreciated!

By Sandy (Sandy) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit

Omg, you are so gonna be rejected for that "a." How could you make that mistake? Do you need to change your prescription for eye glasses?

DUDE, TWO WORDS: CHILL OUT

By Wheresyourpride (Wheresyourpride) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:51 pm: Edit

If so many people proofread it and didn't catch the mistake, there's a good chance the admissions officers aren't going to, either. Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's not going to keep you out of college.

By Yellowcard05 (Yellowcard05) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 08:58 pm: Edit

I'm with ya, Sandy.

By Bobby443 (Bobby443) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

its all over for you im afraid

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:22 pm: Edit

Yeah Twsmhs, your a goner :(

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:28 pm: Edit

You can search for community colleges here:
http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/cc/

By Awe02 (Awe02) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:20 am: Edit

thats strange, the same thing happened to me, and no one picked up that an a was missing either. i only found out like 3 days later when i was going through all my work, but since the deadline didnt pass i sent a note wit the corrected version but i doubt that helps.

By Collegeapplier (Collegeapplier) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:58 pm: Edit

That's whgy you shouldn't read your app after you send it in. you just get all depressed. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page