Need help with northwestern app

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Need help with northwestern app
By anxious on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 03:33 pm: Edit

there is one short statement question like this: Driving into downtown Chicago, there is a building visible from the Kennedy Expressway adorned with a mural of well-known Chicago personalities. If you could paint anything (other than your own likeness) on the building, what would it be, and why?

I have no clue of how to answer this question. do you have any suggestions? thank you very much for your help!

By adfas on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 04:12 pm: Edit

nude lady

By anxious on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 04:23 pm: Edit

bump

By anxious on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 04:54 pm: Edit

C'mon and help me out please!

By .. on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:02 pm: Edit

nude guy

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I want to apply to northwester too, but I won't ber able to get my transcripts sent until I get back from Christmas break on Jan. 6th. The application is due on the 1st, so is there anyway that they will let me send in my application on time, but my transcripts a little late??

By obvious man on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:09 pm: Edit

go get a envelope postmarked...

By hope this helps on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:15 pm: Edit

To Crombie29: it doesn't matter as long as your part gets mailed on time

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

It says parts 1 and 2 must be postmarked by the 1st, and part 2 is where you are supposed to attach your transcripts. If I get it post marked by, let's say, dec. 29th, can I send it on Jan. 6th, or will it have to be postmarked on the 6th in order to be able to send it out that day?

By HTH on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Have you given the forms to your counselor yet? You can finish all parts that need you to finish and send them before Jan 1, then give the secondary school report whatsoever to your counselor after you return to school and have him/her send those forms as soon as possible.

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:39 pm: Edit

So I won't be wasting $65 if I have my counselor send it in late?

By LOL on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 05:41 pm: Edit

No you won't. BTW, I thought that was $60? LOL

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 06:29 pm: Edit

It probably is $60 and I am just a dumbass lol, the stress of applications is killing me!!!

By DB on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 06:49 pm: Edit

anxious: search the web for other like buildings in the world and use thier ideas

By NUSucks on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Put the standard generic intellectual drivel for these questions. Let me see, some Chicago intellectuals (BTW, the mural on the Kennedey Expressway is painted with famous athletes (try not using athletes)):
1. Jane Adaams (Hull House)
2. Saul Bellow (Award winning author)
There are a ton of other ones, go with your instinct.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page