By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 06:50 pm: Edit

1300 sat1
560 writing 590 chem 680 mathIIc
good essays
4.0 weighted gpa
top 10% in class
decent ec's
instate

basically to applying to all UC's, i'd really like to know my chances at UCSD, because i really want to go there, thanks.

By Northwestern08 (Northwestern08) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

It will be tough because of your SAT IIís, but the UC admissions process is strange so donít lose hope!

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:03 pm: Edit

can someone else please reply? it'd be really appreciated.. what do you think my chance of getting in there is? percentage wise.

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

bump

By Collegehelp1234 (Collegehelp1234) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:38 pm: Edit

The GPA will help you big time. If I were you, I would consider taking the SAT IIs again in December (The late registration may have passed, so you may have to do it standby). I would trade my GPA and SAT (1520) for your GPA and your SAT I any day, so the only thing I would be concerned about for you is your SAT IIs. They are above average in all three cases, but still could hurt your chances. If you don't do the SAT IIs again, I'd put your chances at right about 50/50. If you could pull all of them into the 600s range, your chances would increase dramatically. Remember, the UC only looks at your best three SAT IIs, so you have nothing to lose in retaking them (except the $100 it will cost, which is worth it considering that you will be spending the next four years in college). Go without a new pair of shoes for the next few months or something :-) and you'll have the money if you're really that desperate. (also, consider armed robbery? sorry, had to go there)Good luck. My best wishes.

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

yeah i was thinking 50/50 at UCSD, im planning on increasing my SATI to 1400+, i guess i'm dumb and didn't know that SATII's were worth more.. so i registered for SATI in december. so would a 1400 SATI score, increase my chancse by more than 50/50? thanks

By Reality (Reality) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:26 pm: Edit

bump.. add 1400+ score to the list up there

By Reality (Reality) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 01:45 am: Edit

bump more feedback plz

By Reality (Reality) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:27 am: Edit

bump.. please? :( ahh

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 03:47 pm: Edit

If you don't get higher SAT 2's you might as well give it up, but if you improve the scores on those then your chances bolster immensly. Remember that the UC's are the biggest fans in SAT2's.

By Reality (Reality) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 07:12 pm: Edit

so vulcano, are you saying i have a very low chance with low sat2's?

bump.. more feedback plz

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:35 pm: Edit

yes, that is exactly what im saying

By Sailorgirl1985 (Sailorgirl1985) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Is it possible for you to take the SAT 2's in December instead of SAT 1's. If this is a possibility I would definitely consider it since bumping up those SAT 2 scores would help you more than 100 pts more on the SAT.

By Reality (Reality) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 11:02 pm: Edit

i guess UCs are out of the question for me, sigh.

By Alishams (Alishams) on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 05:05 am: Edit

It is possible. All you do is show up to your test center early and if they have available material (which they always do) then you can change tests. I've done it before. By the way UCSD is easy to get into. I got in through the ELC program (it basically guarantees me admittion to UCSD before applying) and I have a 1200 SAT.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page