Chances for dumb jock

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Chances for dumb jock
By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:32 pm: Edit

What do you think of my chances? Top Choice-Notre Dame 2nd choices-wake(sis is an alum), umich(don't think i will be applying now). Already into safeties Pitt, Elon, PSU. White, Female, PA, big hs in central PA, All-State tennis, etc. Young Life leader/play guitar, Lit Magazine, Mock Trial, won national awards for newspaper in 9th grade. Cant think of anything else right now. 1300 SAT, top 5% rank. And i have a chaired professor pulling for me at ND, where i applied EA.

Also, some more info: I don't have a cumulative GPA for all three grades together but my junior year final GPA was 92.5; an A-. With all honors courses. I'll have had 5 APs by graduation. And to be exact after 6 semesters i'm 32 of 559.

By Culovv (Culovv) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

...because everyone in the top 5% is dumb arent they?

By Abz1986 (Abz1986) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 04:58 pm: Edit

^ she's just downplaying her intelligence. And if the people at her school is "dumb", then yes, everyone in the top 5% of her class could very well be "dumb".

Do you have any athletic potential for these schools? I mean you call yourself a "jock", so is there a positive side to that?

By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 06:09 pm: Edit

haha the dumb jock comment was a little sarcastic. I'm a good tennis player, but not on the Notre Dame or Wake Forest level. I could possibly be a walk-on or attempt to try out for the team, but nothing to get me in.

By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

bump it, sorry guys

By Linedeacon (Linedeacon) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

one last bump and i'll let it die

By Samueladams (Samueladams) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:22 pm: Edit

what does bump mean

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Bring Up My Post.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page