Quick Question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Quick Question
By Mafmaf22 (Mafmaf22) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 10:17 pm: Edit

unfortunately i did bad on my SAT 2 writing-600 (with a 730 on the essay subscore-10/12), but i was wondering if my 4 on ap english lang and composition test would kinda outweigh my SAT 2 score for Duke ED? Basically will this 4 kinda negate the terrible writing score and prove to Duke that i'm a pretty capable writer?

Also, i was the copy editor for my newspaper for a year, which also shows that i have good editing skills, knowledge of grammar, but just for some reason i bombed the MCQ. Also one rec is coming from the advisor of the newspaper who likes me a lot so i should get an awesome rec.

Thanks for any insight, its greatly appreciated!!

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 01:49 am: Edit

Hey I'm in the same position as you and I'm freaking out. I got a 600 on my math sat II and am applying to a really tough school. I think though, more like I hope, that the colleges look at the overall applicant not just at test scores. My friend got into yale last year with an 1100ish sat but he had great ec, recs, essays, and he worked his a$$ off. So lets just hope we get in.

By Mafmaf22 (Mafmaf22) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:57 am: Edit

anyone esle have an opinion if my AP score will kinda cancel out my poor SAT 2 score, and the fact that i did well on the essay section and have proven my mechanical skills are good b/c i was a copy editor of the newspaper.

By Mafmaf22 (Mafmaf22) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:17 pm: Edit

bump

By Mafmaf22 (Mafmaf22) on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:59 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page