A boy in a private school and what his chance at Yale Univer

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: A boy in a private school and what his chance at Yale Univer
By Peaceout on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 03:55 pm: Edit

I'm attending a private Catholic highschool and wondered what my chance was to Yale for this year. I'm a Junior this year. My GPA is about a 99.8 throughout my junior year. in freshmen year it was about a 98, in softmore year its was a 99. sO FAR IN sENIOR YEAR, MY gpa IS 100.6.
Freshmen year I had all honors. In Softmore year, I had 1 Ap. In Junir year I had 3 Aps, and this year i have 7 ap's. I'm part of 18 DIFFERENT CLUBS LIKE MOCK TRIAL, COMPUTER CLUB, MODEL UN ETC... i AM THE PRESIDENT OF 4 OF THEM. i ALSO MADE 3 DIFFERENT CLUBS IN MY SCHOOL. i am president of 7 different clubs. I volunteered over 1600 hours in my highschool career including hospital, library, in the school, church. In summer, i went to rutgers and took courses and i was in the MITES program in my Junior year. My sat score is about a 1520. My ACT is 32 composite. SAT II- 770, 750, 800, 800. I won a prentice hall essay in freshmen year. Thats basically it. I don't have that many award only oneo or two. So what are my chances?

By E-quality on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 04:13 pm: Edit

...Fraud...

"i AM THE PRESIDENT OF 4 OF THEM. i ALSO MADE 3 DIFFERENT CLUBS IN MY SCHOOL. i am president of 7 different clubs."

By Expyration on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 04:18 pm: Edit

How can you be a member of 18 different clubs? I have a hard enough time attending all the meetings for the five clubs I belong too. For instance, Science League might have a meeting the same day and time as Cope! How can you be faithfully involved?

By Peace out on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 07:45 pm: Edit

E-quality, sorry about that! It was a typo, i'm president of 4 clubs not 7! And Expryation, I commit to clubs that meet once a month or once in 2 months. Colleges don't look at how many times a club meet and sometimes i have the same situation as you OF 2 CLUBS MEETING AT THE SAME DAY. i GO to one and then go to the other club i missed and ask the teacher what i missed and how i can make it up. Just go to clubs that meet once in a while. My computer club meets only once a month.

By Peaceman on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Also I'm Asian and will it be that hard ffor me even w/ my amazin stats. My recommendations are pretty good. Two of my teacher quoted i was the best student they had. one said i was one of the greatest mathematical geniuses she has seen in her 26 years of teaching. Thanks please evaluate my cahnces!!!

By Liz (Liz) on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 08:12 pm: Edit

MITES is GOOD. That is a definite plus. Even though I am personally turned off by someone who's in 17 billion low-commitment activites. Emphasize your volunteering.

As a sidenote, I think Yale favors private schools. When I saw the sheet of paper on the bulliten board outside the guidance counseling office, it had the list of schools Yale was visiting: The Ashville School, Forsyth Country Day School, Charlotte Day School, etc. Basically, they visited about 5 or 6 private schools in NC and moved on. Not a single public school. Harvard came to our counseling center and spoke with me and one other girl. She was very friendly.

I still like Yale more than Harvard, though.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page