UPenn- Wharton ED, how are my chancesss

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: UPenn- Wharton ED, how are my chancesss
By Johnny3 (Johnny3) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Hey any positive or negative input is appreciated, here are my stats, just wondering how good or bad my chances are thanks!

White male, Legacy

SAT1: 1510 (800m, 710v)
SAT2: 760 Math 2C, 740 Writing, 640 Physics (retaking this 1)

Class Rank: 1 out of 360(NJ public school)
Weighted GPA 4.61

APs: History, Comp Science (last year)
Chem, Calc BC, Statistics (this year)

ECs: Christian Outreach Project (similar to Habitat for Humanity)
-Varsity Soccer Captain, All-County 2nd Team (recruited only by some lame D3 schools so not good enough to play at Penn)
-Club Soccer for 7 years (travelled to tournaments all over the country and south america)
-youth group president, lots of different volunteer work with that
-National Honor Society, key club, math team, science team, blah blah and some others

I really have my heart set on penn I spent lots of time on the essays, got an on campus interview because im a legacy, and i know i picked great teachers for the recs SO WHAT ARE MY CHANCES thanks. :)

By Metz (Metz) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 04:30 pm: Edit

Upenn accepts 40% of legacy students and I'm sure you're as qualified as any of them if not much more. I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't make it in.

By Johnny3 (Johnny3) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:47 am: Edit

I hope so but I'm only a legacy because my grandmother went to Penn for 2 years of graduate school to earn some sort of nursing certificate. She died shortly thereafter and never donated money to Penn or anything does this make me not as much of a legacy as a direct child of alumni? thanks for your help.

By Metz (Metz) on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:58 pm: Edit

I thought that only parents count for legacy, though I could be wrong. Even if that's the case, you still have a great record, and a good chance.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page