What are my changes at Cornell, Boston University, and more.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: What are my changes at Cornell, Boston University, and more.
By Nymetsgirl1986 (Nymetsgirl1986) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 02:16 pm: Edit

Hello! I'm a senior in high school and I finished applying to a grand total of 13 colleges about a month ago. The 13 colleges, basically in order of preference, are: Boston University, Cornell University, Boston College, George Washington University, Northeastern University, Fordham University, Hofstra University, Emerson College, SUNY Binghamton, Quinnipiac University, American University, University of Scranton, and University of Central Florida. I have the reach, the I should get in but they're still good schools, and the fallbacks.

I recieved my first letter of acceptance on Monday from Quinnipiac. :-)

I want to major in Communications/Film, and Boston University and Cornell are very much my first choices. Here are my numbers:

GPA: 4.081 (weighted), out of 4.3
- Honors english in 9th, 10th, 11th grades, AP English 12th grade.
- AP Macroeconomics
- Honors Earth Science
- Honors Astronomy (I know, so random)
- Honors Science Research Program in 11th and 12th grades
SAT highest combined: 1320
SAT II's: Math 1C: 710, Writing: 690, Literature: 620 (bleh on the last one, although I thought I did a lot worse, hehe)

As for activities:
Science Research (won 1st place in county competition for chemistry)
Civic Internship
Varsity Tennis (11th and 12th grades)
JV Tennis (9th and 10th grades, captain in 10th grade)
Board member of a local community service organization
National Honor Society
Amnesty International
School Newspaper
Play Piano (since I was 9)
... + a lot more...

I also have a job as a courtesy clerk, have had jobs for the past 3 summers, and attended NYLC (National Young Leaders Conference) last summer.

I don't have my resume in front of me, but this is what I can remember.

Also, when should I expect notification of whether or not I got in? My top choice schools say "mid-April", but do they really wait that long to send letters out??? I'm already nervously checking the mail every day; the thought of doing that until mid-April is so stressful... haha.

By Nymetsgirl1986 (Nymetsgirl1986) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 12:01 pm: Edit

bump

By Xyz155 (Xyz155) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 12:28 pm: Edit

You will easily get into everywhere except for cornell and boston college.good luck.

By Nymetsgirl1986 (Nymetsgirl1986) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Thanks... yeah, I'd say that Cornell and Boston College are the hardest ones to get into on my list.

However, the other day I saw statistics of students of the class of 2002 from my school who got into these schools, and some of them had lower GPA's and SAT scores than me. However, these are only two aspects of me, so, ahhh, I just hope the admissions officers are in a good mood when they decide whether or not to accept me!

By Nymetsgirl1986 (Nymetsgirl1986) on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 11:38 pm: Edit

^

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page