SAT II Math IIC possible score

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: SAT II Math IIC possible score
By Josh on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I'm curious about what my possible score may be for the Math IIC SAT II i just took. I answered 45 of the 50 questions, but I think I got all 45 right. About what would my score be?

By asdf on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:55 pm: Edit

if indeed you got all 45 right, its an 800.

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:04 am: Edit

raw score of 42 or above is an 800, so u could'v left 5 blank and gotten 2 wrong and still have an 800

By Josh on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:15 am: Edit

Where can you find a scale that transforms the raw score into a scaled score? I've been looking online, but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for the info everyone.

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:17 am: Edit

well i dont know where u can find it online, but it is definetly in Real SAT II's, and it might be in Princeton Reveiw Crackin the SAT II's math IIc

By dontowrry on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 05:32 am: Edit

dont worry man...if u got 45 out of 50, and ur certain theyre right, u got a 800 for sure..matter of fact u could miss a couple and sitll get an 800

i myself left eight blank, thought i bombed the test for sure..but what do u kno, turned out i got a 800, u can omit 8 and still get 800

By hmph on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:13 am: Edit

u kno in one way that sucks. maybe i sound like a total jerk, but to those who werel ike me...they would understand. acc to me i did all 50 right. ALL of em. had extra time after finishin and checked the whole paper... i just wish i got a "*" next to my 800 for that!!!!!

By hmph is funny on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Heh heh. If you get a "*" next to your 800, that indicates that you have a non-standard administration.

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 01:48 pm: Edit

ya, I see what you mean... I'm sure I missed a couple but someone who gets 43/50 shouldn't get the same score as someone with 48+/50

By please say yes on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 01:55 pm: Edit

does that mean that adcoms ignore percentiles???????????

By hmph on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 12:12 am: Edit

lol........no i dint mean that way "*".... what percentile? percentiles as far as i kno dont indicate how many questions u got write but rather how many ppl u SCORED above...so ur 800 is taken to calculated the percentile and not how mnay queations u got right...so yes... percentiles are mostly ignored...i guess i shouldnt be whining about a 800...but i get irritated cuz everyone tells me its so easy to get... and after that exam i really thought i deserved a lil more credit than bein......oh another 800 in mathz 2c

By Quarky on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Yeah, it sucks, but I can't complain about the IIC one. I took a set of 3 SAT II's without the required Writing test JUST FOR FUN, to see how I would do. After getting 800 IIC (I answered all 50 questions, got about 3 wrong -- I even know which ones), I decided to actually apply to 3 schools that require SAT II's. Also got Writing 730 and Physics 720, along with other lower scores.

By ? on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 02:19 pm: Edit

how easy is the MATH 2c anyway? Im still in algebra 2..should i take the IC even though the curve is killer in comparison..or buy a prep book for the 2C and try that..OR, not take it at all? (lol i want an 800 dammit)

By RamiroT on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 08:13 pm: Edit

okay im kinda dumb compared to most ivy standards but above average compared to reg standards.
what do you think i could score on the Math 2c?
i have taken 4 years of high school math.
i have not and will not take calculus this year though.
last time i took math was the beginning of my junior year

i scored a 610 on the SAT1 math section.

should i buy a prep book b/c i want to score at least a 700. thanx a lot

By hope this helps on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 08:17 pm: Edit

You don't need calculus for math 2c. Algebra 2 and a little bit of precal will do. If you got B or above on those two subjects you'll do fine on 2c.

By Quarky - hope this helps on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Alg 2 + Geometry = Math IIC
Alg 2 + Geometry + 0.1*Trig/PreCalc = high Math IIC score.

By it helped..but i need more on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 11:01 pm: Edit

not really quarky..does that mean not having .1 trig= not-so-high score? OR is that .1 trig learnable (haha) in a week w/ a prep book?

By Quarky on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 11:13 pm: Edit

OK. Here's what I think. You have to know alg2 and geometry to take IIC. You also need to know some basic trig stuff, like trig identities, different functions (ellipse, circle, hyperbola, etc.), laws of sines and cosines, periods of functions, etc. No calculus needed. I only had one calc-related question -- to find an easy limit. It was especially easy with a TI-89, which solves the limits for me.

By i see.. on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 11:19 pm: Edit

i get that, ok. So about how many trig/pre-calc questions show up. AND, if IC only covers "simpler" topics, why do ppl do worse (or is it just the curve)? THANKS a lot btw.

By quarky on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Just the curve.Honestly, it's been a while since I took the IIC test (May 2002), so I will let other ppl answer ur question about the # of trig q's.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page