Importance of essay in different colleges

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Importance of essay in different colleges
By Tsukinoai (Tsukinoai) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 01:49 am: Edit

Do different colleges place different levels of importance on college essays?? How much importance do these colleges place on the essay?
Boston University
Emmanuel College
i haven't done my essay yet and my apps for these two colleges are due next week so i need to know how endangered my chances will be if i turn in a not-so-spectacular essay.

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 01:59 am: Edit

Yeesh, there's not much you can do right now about this. If you have good ideas for these essays, you will probably be fine, but if you're still worried about ideas, the colleges place more importance on the essays than you do. In less words, start working now.

If you want more scientific answers, I'm sure somebody around these boards (or yourself) has a copy of "331 Best Colleges" (or whatever the number is this year) and they tell you how much the college considers the essays in the overall process.

In any case, I'd spend any free time you have now working on those essays. Almost all the success stories of people getting into their reaches come from the effort they put into their essays. At this point, you need to put as much time as possible into revising these essays to give you an extra boost.

Don't worry about how it will effect you, just do what you can.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page