-Vice President of the Social Studies Forum
-Acapella Choir, a choir which has won many national awards and such
-JV Tennis Team (1st Doubles)
-JV 3rd Singles County Champion
-JV Tennis Team Captain during soph year
-Varsity 1st Doubles during junior year
-GMC County Tournament Finalist
-Co-Founder of the Literary Circle Club
-Contributing News Writer and full time sports columnist for the school newspaper
-National Honors Society
-Spanish Honors Society
-"Best Delegation" Award winner in many Model United Nations conferences
-Raised over 20,000 dollars for the BRIDGES Child Abuse Walk-a-thon

Outside of school
--10 hour a week job during school
--lifeguard at local red cross
--night team for first aid squad during summer, 9 pm to 5 am shifts. Exciting, but no Zzz. 100 or so hours here
--Accepted into and attending a course in psychology of memory at Columbia University every saturday morning during school free of charge, some type of student outreach program they have goin for high schoolers
--200 hours volunteer work at local hospital
--attended the National Youth Leadership Conference in Washington DC, which led to my becoming a National Scholar
--Columbia Summer Program -- The Creative Writer at Work: An Advanced Workshop -- amazing time, great recc from the professor

applying ED definitely, i think i can clearly demonstrate how bad i want to come here..
I dont mean to brag if theres anything worth bragging about but with the amount of applicants here with president positions up their rear, it gets degrading for me. I plan to major in english or pre-med...am also applying ED..chances? comments?

Now for the questions. Part 2.

1. Does Columbia have a study abroad program where i could take a year off and study at oxford or cambridge?
2. i guess i shuld mention that i skipped kindergarten although thats not the best grade to skip, and im handicapped in my hearing -- would that affect things for the negative in any way?
3. Can anyone that got in post stats or comments?

Thanks, any response is appreciated

By Glamourbaby19 (Glamourbaby19) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:05 pm: Edit

So you're what, like 15? You are only a junior, you don't need to be worrying about all this just yet. Also, how do you know if you are a NM semi-finalist if the scores don't come out until December, and even then the top-scorers are not notified until the spring? You can't be serious. You know you will get in with all those "Columbia ECs." You are just bragging.

By Futuredoc123 (Futuredoc123) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 12:57 am: Edit

What? Where do you even see the suggestion of me being a junior in this entire post? How would I know any of the things i posted if i were just starting my junior year? "-Varsity 1st Doubles during junior year" , if i were a junior and tennis is in the spring, i wouldn't exactly put that down now would i? =\ any other comments

By Haithman (Haithman) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 02:40 pm: Edit

because your class of 2005 President??

By Smartncute03 (Smartncute03) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 02:48 pm: Edit

damn, your stats are exactly like mine.
I think you're chances are pretty good...lol...or else i wouldn't have applied early decision. Good luck dude!

By Glamourbaby19 (Glamourbaby19) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

Um, like Haithman said, perhaps because you are the "CLASS OF 2005?" Most people don't serve as class officers for the class beneath them. Just a thought...

By Godis (Godis) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

glamour, lay off. don't be so competitive; you're probably not even competing with him because he's applying ed and you rd.

doc, i think you're in. i'd wish you good luck and all, but there's a chance that you'll take my spot (i applied ed too). jk, good luck.

By Glamourbaby19 (Glamourbaby19) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 04:41 pm: Edit

No, I'm not trying to be all "angst ridden" and competitive. All I'm saying is that, if he really thinks that he won't get in to Columbia with his really good stats and ECs (although I know that there is no such thing as a "sure thing"), then he is either a liar or a fool. (again, not met to be vindictive)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page