UCLA chances- need your opinions!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: UCLA chances- need your opinions!
By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 05:08 pm: Edit

I have never received an exam result lower than a B. I fact all my exam results have been A's with the exception of four B's ;) ::

Eleven GCSE's
Eng Lit A*
Eng Lang A*
Drama A*
Technology A
History A
Business Studies A
Information Tech A
Science AA
Math B
Spanish B

Three A Levels:
Film studies A
English lit B
Theatre studies B

I'd say in a class of 30, I come 3rd depending on subject.

I just sat the ACT, and scored a 27... not too bad. (31 in writing)(25 maths)(29 science)(24 reading)

SAT II- writing at 720, literature at 660

I've had three part time jobs in fashion and customer service. Working up to 25 hours a week.

I've spent six months travelling the world and experienced a variety of cultural diversity beyond anything I'd ever imagined or previously experienced.

My activities include scuba diving, sky diving, reading, theatre, photography, public debate, cycling, swimming.

I've received various awards in Junior Citizen competitions, Gym and Dance displays, Science Health Matters research.

Voluntary community work includes running school fate stalls at a school for disabled children in London.

And most importantly... I'm British! ;) :)

Well what do you think guys? The only problem is, I understand UCLA don't request transcripts with the application, so I have no way of letting them know my grades.

By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 05:17 pm: Edit

are u a cali resident? if not your chances are lowered. AP SCORES?

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 05:29 pm: Edit

No I live in London. I'm not too familiar with the USA educational system. This will sound absurd to you guys but what are AP scores?

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

AP= Advanced Placement.

Advanced Placement courses are like college courses in High School. An exam in May on the particular AP course can help you receive college credit so you won't have to take the class in college. The AP exam scores are from 1-5 (5 being the highest.) Most competitive schools require a score of 4 or 5 to be considered for credit.

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:45 pm: Edit

AP scores are equivalent to GCSE's in the British system. They're only a part of the American educational system. Colleges usually look at grades as such: A=5, B=4, C=3...

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:46 pm: Edit

AP scores are equivalent to GCSE's in the British system. They're only a part of the American educational system. Colleges usually compare GCSE vs. AP scores as such: A=5, B=4, C=3...

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Here in England we take GCSE's at 16, and A Level's at 18. Judging by my GCSE scores I've mainly scored equivalents of AP 5's, is that correct?

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

bumpety bump bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page