Penn, Northwestern, GWU, Spelman, Howard

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Penn, Northwestern, GWU, Spelman, Howard
By lauren walker on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 12:02 pm: Edit

Hey everyone! I'm back! I just sent my Northwestern application in, so keep your fingers crossed! I have recently been accepted to the University of Michigan (woo-hoo!).

I won't find out until April 1st - 15th (!!) about my acceptance notices to Spelman, Howard, Northwestern, GWU, and University of Pennsylvania. Are my chances at least 50/50?

These are my Stats:
7 APs, 2 honors total
SAT I - 520 Verbal, 580 Math, ACT - 24
SAT IIs - Writing (580), Math IC (600), U.S. History (700)
I've taken 3 AP exams so far and scored all 4s.

Varsity Tennis/Volleyball 3 Years
3 Major Community Service Projects (Volunteer, Teacher Assistant, and Black Sorority Volunteer)
Vice President of Library Club
Admissions School Tour Guide 3 Years
Student Newspaper Journalist 3 Years
Academic Honor Roll Member (3.3 GPA or better)
National Arts Honors Society Member
National Quill and Scroll Award

By ... on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 02:29 pm: Edit

I think Northwestern and UPenn are out of the question with your test scores, sorry.

By ? on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 02:33 pm: Edit

are you from michigan? just wondering because I also applied there, but I haven't heard yet

By willis on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 02:54 pm: Edit

hey dont lose hope. it depends alot on where u come from, and how much you've used your resources. For example, my sister got into nwu with a 1310. But she and I also come from a small poor rural high school in kentucky. So there's still hope. Good luck

By asdf on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 03:52 pm: Edit

she's black and can read...she'll get in anywhere.

By defenestrated on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 08:57 pm: Edit

haha, sadly, that has too much truth to it

By ? on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:07 pm: Edit

What state are you from?

By lauren walker on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:14 am: Edit

To "..."

I've read a board of UPENN deferrals and the statistics of these students were astronomical! However, they were deferred.

My friend got accepted into UPENN with a 3.5 GPA and 1550 SAT score. He had internships from all across the Midwest and East Coast. Test scores ALONE do not guarantee one admission. If that's the case, I shouldn't have been accepted into UMichigan.

By lauren walker on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:17 am: Edit

To willis:

If I could choose between Northwestern and University of Michigan, I would choose Northwestern. It's a smaller school population and it's in the city of Chicago. I also applied to Loyola University Chicago as a safety because so many of my friends got DEFERRALS from Michigan (!!!). I should receive my notice from Loyola in 2 weeks.

By damn on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:43 am: Edit

asdf, you're sooo right. "She's black and CAN READ". haha.

By Fish3715 on Sunday, January 05, 2003 - 05:11 pm: Edit

"she's black and can read...she'll get in anywhere."

:::rolls eyes:::

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page