UChicago

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: UChicago
By Worried on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 07:48 am: Edit

How hard is it to get in to UChicago?
I heard they don't weigh SATs and too heavilly, and the acceptance rate is really high (44%)

Would a 1350 SAT1 and 680 SAT2 avg be good enough, assuming good (3.8/4) GPA and recs/ecas?

By deferred on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Well, I was deferred with a 1550, and a 3.92 UW GPA. My essay was good and my recommendations good. Chicago does not take SAT IIs. They're acceptance rate is relatively high at 44% because only the best apply there, they only recieve around 7-8,000 apps per year.

By Chicago2007 on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:40 pm: Edit

I got in, hopefully my stats will help you...
770 V 800 M, 800 IIC, 800 Physics, 780 Writing
3.97 UW, 4.4 W G.P.A.

EC's - mock trial capt, CX capt, XC running, track, jazz band, combo, local blues rock/blues band, research at university

Awards - academic stuff, mock trial made state last year, boy's state, etc. that's bout it

Good recs, good essay. I did some laid-back essays about the restaurants in chicago, a gig I did once, and I did the "parallel" universe essay...

I don't think your scores are very important. It's good to have solid scores, but extracurriculars, recs, and most importantly, essays, are the key factors.

Hope this helps... good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page