Chances at BROWN (regular decision)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Chances at BROWN (regular decision)
By Divy (Divy) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 06:00 pm: Edit

class rank: 6th out of 360
SATS
800 verbal
690 math
730 writing
690 us history
640 math 1C (retaking, but math isn't my forte)

AP US 3
AP CP 4
AP Euro 4

i've also taken chem at summer school, a java class last spring at the community college, am currently taking precalculus at the same community college and am planning on taking calc there next semester even though i'm not the greatest at math. would this maybe help the fact that my math scores are so low?

and i'm student gov't secretary, key club treasurer (member for 4 yrs), knit scarves for the homeless, tutor as part of the key cub, have been part of best buddies for the past 2 years (since it was started at my school), am activie in my youth/religious group, i donated 12 inches of my hair to locks of love last year, won a bunch of awards for latin (like on the connecticut latin exam and the national latin exam (i'm planning on majoring in classics so yea..)) and all that good stuff.

im only taking 3 ap classes this year, but that's cuz the others offered are languages (spanish/french which i can't take), conflict with my schedule (calc/computer sci/physics/chem) or i've already taken them (us hist, euro, cp)

(and i'm indian from fairfield county, so my chances, or lack thereof just dropped a bunch, didn't they?)

but yeah, if anyone could just tell me what they think my chances are at brown, i'll love you forever

By Divy (Divy) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 06:06 pm: Edit

oh and i'm also applying to yale (hahaha) uchicago (EA), tulane (EA), hamilton, wellesley, williams, vassar, nyu, and northwestern

By Divy (Divy) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

bump

By Youcanonlywish (Youcanonlywish) on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 10:33 pm: Edit

being asian just kills you

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page