Senioritis!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Senioritis!
By Emokidsunite (Emokidsunite) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 08:14 pm: Edit

alright, i'm not quite sure if this belongs here...and it really doesn't have that much to do with senioritis, more like teachers who give out bad grades like candy.

i was just wondering if i do get into a school like ucsd, ucla, or ucb (a big if) would they reject me if after i got accepted they saw that i had a c in ap english my senior year?

i'd love to do well in the class, but the teacher is a total hard ass.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 08:17 pm: Edit

What I've heard is that Ivies (just for a comparison) send you a letter if you get one C, two Cs they ask for a very good explanation, and three Cs they tell you your spot is in serious jeopardy unless you have a bloody good reason (family member dies, something like that). These, also, are Cs in classes in which previously you got As. So for those good schools, it might be very similar.

By Smoldyr (Smoldyr) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

How do they know what grades you get after 1st semester? The guidance counselor sends in a senior midyear report, but after that they don't get anything, do they?

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 01:55 am: Edit

Yes, they do...they get your final grades. It's part of the post-acceptance process...and if you screw up, they can rescind your acceptance. Happens to a few students at a lot of colleges every year.

By Smoldyr (Smoldyr) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

What is considered screwing up? If I went from say 5 A's and 1 B 1st semester to 3 A's, 2 B's and 1 C 2nd semester, is that grounds for them to rescind my acceptance?

By Virgo007 (Virgo007) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 05:37 pm: Edit

I don't think so.

By Quakerboy2 (Quakerboy2) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 03:16 am: Edit

Nah, you're still in. I'd guess that C came from the B, so you probably didn't drop a ridiculous amount in any class, so don't worry about it.

Although you never can tell. So, don't slack off too much. Put more effort into learning the second semester than getting good grades, and you'll grades won't drop more than is considered rejection-worthy.

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 07:23 am: Edit

Hmm... They probably guess that you relaxed just a wee-bit because you knew you were in or something. Happens all the time

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page