Chances at some schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Chances at some schools
By Peterline (Peterline) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

what are my chances at pepperdine (ea), penn state main, pitt, and juniata?
97.8 GPA unweighted, unsure of weighted
probably 8/90 rank
1170 sat
25 act
2 years jv volleyball
2 years varsity volleyball, lettered
3 years spanish club, president
1 year student council, treasurer
3 years history club
1 year physics club
1 year science olympiad, treasuresr
2 years NHS
1 year newspaper, editor
4 years youth group
2 years community service in the summer for seniors doing yard work, 4 hours/week
5 month paid job

if you can suggest any other schools that i should look at in the new england, cali, and pa areas, let me know. thanks

By Peterline (Peterline) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

i forgot to mention that i reside in pennsylvania
my school only offers one ap course, ap english 12, which i am currently taking. i have taken or am taking physical science, biology, chem I, chem II, physiology and anatomy, and physics, alg I, alg II, geometry, and statistics, four years of spanish, four years of academic english, us history I and II, world cultures, goverment, and economics. i will be majoring in biology/pre-dentistry.
these are the toughest classes that my school offers. it is a very small public school (about 300 students). they are actually getting rid of the ap english next year i think...

By Xyz155 (Xyz155) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 08:20 pm: Edit

A 97.8 GPA looks really good, Im not very familiar with that system tho. The 3 PA schools you listed are all outstanding and you should get in. I dont see why you would waste your money to go all the way out to Pepperdine tho...good luck!

By Peterline (Peterline) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 10:48 pm: Edit

well the 97.8 is the average of all my grades, unweighted, since ninth grade. some 4.0 scales consider anything over a 95 4.0 while others dont. i went out to california this past summer specifically just to tour pepperdine because ive been in love with it since i was in ninth grade, and nothings changed since then. i dont know why i like it so much, but i do.

By Peterline (Peterline) on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 05:51 pm: Edit

i found out today that my weighted gpa is 99.8something if that helps at all
my school doesnt weight for •••• and it makes me mad

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page