How is everyone feeling??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: How is everyone feeling??
By Maxkosman (Maxkosman) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

For anyone else who applied somewhere--how are you holding up? I applied early to Penn, and Dec. 13th at 3:00 PM will not come soon enough--are you guys preparing other applications?

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Heh... agreed 100%. I did ED to Princeton... and man is it weighing on my mind. I've been telling myself I'm going to start other apps but I really am procrastinating it. ;P

P.S. You are lucky man, I have to wait until the mail comes on Dec 15, maybe even the next day or later... gosh darn old-fashioned Princeton. -.-

By Wheresyourpride (Wheresyourpride) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Does the acceptance/deferral/rejection letter come exactly on the 15th? or is it mailed by the 15th?

By Maxkosman (Maxkosman) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:34 pm: Edit

yeah I got a letter in the mail from Penn telling me exactly when I'd fin out online--I mean I think it would be a lot more exciting to check the mailbox, but if its gonna be online...I'm checking it

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:37 pm: Edit

"We make every effort to notify Early Decision applicants of our decisions on their applications by mid-December," according to their prospectus thing. ARGH! ...lol, why must I be tortured with lack of a defined date? ;P

By Maxkosman (Maxkosman) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:39 pm: Edit

I have a friend who's applying to MIT, and they're the same way...

By Unmatchedsocks (Unmatchedsocks) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

I did ED to Colgate. I hope I get in, but honestly, I just open I get in to any of the top 4 on my list. They mail the decisions on December 15th, but I am leaving on winter vacation on the 17th. I hope I get it before I leave!

By Collegeapplier (Collegeapplier) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:28 pm: Edit

Eeek! I applied e.d. to swarthmore only a few days ago, getting a response in mid-December, and I'm biting my fingernails already! Hoping, wishing praying... Good luck to me and everyone else....

By The_Slc_Bug (The_Slc_Bug) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:32 pm: Edit

Not so good.

By Nhlgoalie (Nhlgoalie) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Applying to MIT EA, so I probably won't know till the 15th or 16th. I'm incredibly nervous because I'm the type of math/science kid who everyone thinks should go to MIT, but my grades weren't amazing freshman or sophomore year. Thankfully I have a nice upward trend, but in such a competitive pool...yikes.

Good luck all.

By Serdu (Serdu) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:15 pm: Edit

I opted out of e-mail decision for Harvard EA. I've always had the dream of either crying over the small thin envelope or rejoicing over the large fat one. :) Quite frankly, I don't want such an important decision notified to me, sitting in with junk e-mail and advertisements. :)

By Periwinkle1586 (Periwinkle1586) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:34 pm: Edit

I applied early decision to William and Mary. They said we would hear Dec. 1, but i just found out that the letters will be mailed sooner! Next Wednesday 25th...really, if you don't get in, is the letter always thin? What are the chances of the acceptance letter being thin?

By Periwinkle1586 (Periwinkle1586) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:35 pm: Edit

*make that tuesday the 25th! oOps

By Serdu (Serdu) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Not always! Sometimes they tell you that something is missing from your app.

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Cornell ED--the stress is killing me! I'm not expecting to get in, but I'll still be hurt if I'm rejected.

By Gabushida (Gabushida) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Cornell Engineering ED - I SOOO want in.

By Serdu (Serdu) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:54 pm: Edit

The only way not to get your heart broken is to expect nothing, that's what I am doing in hopes that it will numb me when the I go under the knife of rejection. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page