Where to apply?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Where to apply?
By Ahna218 (Ahna218) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Hi! I am a white girl from a small town in rural MN, and I would really appreciate some input.

I have a 3.992, maybe 4.0(unweighted). It is still being determined(long story). So I am either 4th or 1st out of my class of 140 students.
My school does not have any AP, Honors, or IB courses for us to take, however we are given the opportunity to take college credit courses at our school.

I have taken all of the college classes available to me(6) and recieved As in all of them.

I took the ACT once and recieved a 35. I will be taking the SAT IIs next month.

As far as extra curriculars are concerned...

Music- Swing choir, women's ensemble, Concert Choir Section Leader, church cantor, community musical, orchestra, Solo/Ensemble competition

Theater-One act plays, community play

Speech team-state competitor, officer 3 years, this year president

Mock Trial- captain

Science research(do research with the assistance of a college professor and then compete at ISEF)

Cross country manager

Student Council- 10th and 12th grades, Publicity committe chair

I am pulling together 3-5 good recommendations and my uncle was in the US House for 8 years (I don't think that matters, but my dad seems to!).

So...the point behind this post is where should I go? I am still undecided about a major, but I am thinking about international relations or telecommunications. If you could give me a few schools that would be great. Oh yeah, I am pretty liberal so ultra-conservative schools are unsuitable.
Thanks!!

By Ahna218 (Ahna218) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 07:02 pm: Edit

Oh yeah, I have a part time job and I am in NHS!

By Ahna218 (Ahna218) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Here is where I am planning on applying:

Reaches:
Yale
Georgetown
Stanford
Carleton

Matches:
Macalester
Madison

Safety:
Minnesota
Hamline

What can you think of that has strong International relations/poli sci or communications fields?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page