Who was accepted/rejected by Notre Dame?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Who was accepted/rejected by Notre Dame?
By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 04:48 pm: Edit

Who was accepted and who was rejected by Notre Dame, and what are your stats? I am planning to apply and this would be a good reference as to whether I have a chance. Here are my stats:

-1410 SAT 1, (660M, 750V)
-3.3 UW gpa, 4.7W
-top 15% of class
-all honors classes since 9th grade
-3 AP's this year
-VP of future business leaders of america
-VP and co founder of aviation club
-member of NHS
-treasurer of spanish honor society
-member of student gov and class council
-100 hours of community service
-URM, I am hispanic

What are my chances?

By sowhat on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 04:57 pm: Edit

your in.

By you lie! on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Your weighted GPA is impossible. Assuming that every class you ever took was Honors or AP, then your weighted GPA would be 4.3. You liar.

By ?? on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:36 pm: Edit

how do you know how that school weights grades?

By Gregon on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:40 pm: Edit

I was accepted to ND as an Honar Scholar

SAT: 1500 (710V 790M)

SATII: (I didn't sent these to ND because they didn't ask for them, but just for reference)
Math IIc - 770
US History - 730
Physics - 660

ECs:
Tennis 4 years, Captain 2 years
Mock Trial 2 years
Key club 2 years
Some other hobbies

Other: White, Legacy, Rural Appalachian Ohio.

Hope to see you there!
-Future Notre Dame student

GO IRISH!!!

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 08:01 pm: Edit

How the •••• are you going to tell me that a 4.7 weighted gpa is impossible? This shows how ignorant you are when it comes to different weighting systems. The valedictorian this year at my school has a 6.2 gpa, am I lying about that as well? My school is on block scheduling, therefor, we have 8 credits per year instead of the normal 6. Thus, giving those who take excessive AP classes an even higher gpa. Point proven! Learn something before you make yourself sound like an ass. Now let's return to the intended topic. Thanks to those who respond, keep em' coming.

By hehe on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 08:21 pm: Edit

u tell it crombie

By you lie! on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 09:57 pm: Edit

He doesn't have a 6.2 GPA. He's lying too. Get a life and stop lying.

By Niceiscool on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:05 pm: Edit

Honestly, simmer down now... he is probably not lying (what does he have to gain from lying) and even if he is then that just means hes a loser... why would you care either way... if he lies to you, that isn't going to help him get into a good college... and how would you know how a school weights... be nice!!

By Gregon on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:08 pm: Edit

My GPA is 5.17 on a crazy scale.
6.33 for an A+ in AP
5.33 for an A+ in Honors
4.33 for an A+ in Comp

Am I lying too? I've heard people say they have a 97 GPA are they lying too? Listen man, the GPA systems are completely different at every school. BTW it's best not to post GPA because no one knows the difficulty of your school. Class rank/Class size is easier to evaluate.

Future Notre Dame student

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Maybe you are gay enough to lie about your GPA, but I'm not. If I was going to lie about my gpa being a 4.7, I would at least say I was #1 in my class instead of #76 out of 587. Do I have to scan my report card before ignorant asses like yourself open up your eyes and realize that every school isn't the same? You are the one who needs to get a life and stop acting like an immature homo. This topic is named "Who was accepted/rejected by Notre Dame," not "Post here if you're a queer wanting to argue with my GPA!"

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:14 pm: Edit

By the way, the previous post was directed toward "you lie!" not "gregon" or "niceiscool". Thanks for the support gregon, hope I see you at Notre Dame!

By Gregon on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:36 pm: Edit

Hope to see you too! :)

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 03:23 pm: Edit

Anyone else?

By SNL on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 10:49 pm: Edit

SIMMA DOWN NOW

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page