Should I REtake the SAT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Should I REtake the SAT?
By smartaleck4 on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:32 am: Edit

Here are my stats, I am thinking about applying to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, UChi, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Pomona. I haven't tested on the SAT II.

Junior

Tests:
1450 SAT
(770 V, 680 M)
5 AP Euro
80 V, 73 M, 76 WS on PSAT

School:
Took AP Euro as soph
Taking AP Calc, AP US, AP Chem.
Ranking 6/476
GPA 4.2 (W) 3.9 (UW)
excellent writer

XC:
Varsity Cross Country (1 yr)
JV Track (1 yr)
Soccer (1 yr)
Newspaper, will become editor
Volunteered at a Elementary School as a TA

Other:
Asian American
Genetics major?
California town

should i retake the SAT to geta better score (this was my first time taking the SAT) or just leave it as is? Maybe go to a liberal arts school?

By gimmeabreak on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:40 am: Edit

Well, unfortunately one must break the news to you: youre stats are honestly plain and commonplace. You are no different than the average american kid. You have no national recognition, you have merely decent SAT scores compared to Ivy applicants, and the fact that you are in a 'California town' doesn't mean a damned thing. Don't retake the SAT, it won't matter when it comes to someone like you.

By Gregon on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 11:23 am: Edit

Gimmeabreak, wow way to be a jerk. 1020 is average. Smartaleck performed way above average.

By Hockeyman2003 on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 11:24 am: Edit

Dewd, who cares about you're scores. You played sports! Too bad you can't commit to any one of them. Colleges like committtment. GL Dewd!

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:40 pm: Edit

i think ur SAT score makes u very competitive. UCLA should be a definite for u. The problem u will enoucnter everwhere is that u r asian american. most asian american's at my scholl who r looking at iveis have 1500+ and all A's and 720 or higher on all SAT II's. I still think u have a chance at any school u apply to. ur credentials r good, but w/ ur e.c's it seems that u did xc just for college

By smartaleck4 on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 01:42 am: Edit

well, not really, Hopeful. I was cut from the soccer team sophmore year so i just sat on my butt until track. I liked track, so i just joined XC this year. Pretty good, for a first year, too :)

By Santa on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 02:13 am: Edit

Depends on where you live. CA? Private school? yes...
Small state, public school? No. Take care. Scores don't get you in or keep you out.

By smartaleck4 on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 03:01 pm: Edit

um, public school, rich town (Granite Bay)?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page