BA/MD programs!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: BA/MD programs!!
By Kish (Kish) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Hey,

This is my first time msging on this site. My mom told me about it and I like it alot. I have a 1420 on my SAT's, I am in the top 5 percent of our senior class, I am a research assistant to an oncologist and I have published a case report on plasma cell leukemia. I have alot of ec activities and such, but my SAT 2's are low. They are in the 660 average area. Can anyone tell me if I have a chance at getting into Guaranteed programs at George Washington, Rochester, U of Alabama, Virginia Commonwealth, or if you could suggest a program that I could get into. Thanks alot, oh yeah forgot to mention I skipped two grades

By May_1 (May_1) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 07:32 pm: Edit

Go to the pre-med section and look at the multiple degree programs discussion. Go back and look at the archives. There is a wealth of information there.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 07:37 pm: Edit

Kish, BA/Md programs are among the most difficult programs to enter. Their selectivity is worse than Harvard. I know kids who were accepted to HPY, etc and were not accepted to NEOUCOM which is probably a little less stringent than most Guaranteed programs. Your research sounds fascinating and you certainly have a great position in medical research already. Why don't you talk to the MD whom you assist? He might know of a program or be associated with something where you would get some personal consideration. That would be your best bet.

By Unmatchedsocks (Unmatchedsocks) on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 07:45 pm: Edit

The University of Miami has a great program like that.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page