Harvard- what are the chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Harvard- what are the chances?
By haavadwanabee on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Hi. I am f, UK student living in London. Applied EA to Harvard and was deferred. My stats are hard to explain since I'm at an English school- i'll try my best:

All A and A* grades at GCSE
All A grades in Ancient History, Economics, French and Pure Mathematics A-levels.
SATs 1360
Verbal 640 (not too good- I know)
Math 720
Writing 720, French 710, Maths IIc 690
Head Girl of School
1st XI Hockey Squad
1st VII Netball Squad
Tennis Captain
Managing Director of Junior Enterprise Company that won a Regional Award
1st Flute in Orchestra
Passed Grade 7 flute with distinction (taking grade 8- highest grade in Spring)
member of Mensa (this is lame and I regret putting it on my application)

I am Lebanese and I speak Arabic, French and Russian fluently. (i mentioned this in a desperate plea for the US gov to employ me!)

My Headmistress is writing a letter to H in Jan. What else do you think I should do to improve on the above? Thanks in advance for your input.

By haavadwanabee on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 03:50 pm: Edit

fogot to mention that I volunteer at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and I wrote an essay on what I do there. (i'm told it was quite good)

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

i'm also a high school senior, and i dont know much abt international applicants. i'll tel u what i think, but it may not count for much.
First off, i think ur e.c's are damn good, and being head girl is awesome. But w/ thos sat I and II scores u'd be rejected flat out if u were in the states...what may save u is ur knowing of many languages and the letter from ur head-mistress. U might still get in after being deffered..but if i were u i'd start looking at other schools

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page