Harvard- what are the chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Harvard- what are the chances?
By haavadwanabee on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Hi. I am f, UK student living in London. Applied EA to Harvard and was deferred. My stats are hard to explain since I'm at an English school- i'll try my best:

All A and A* grades at GCSE
All A grades in Ancient History, Economics, French and Pure Mathematics A-levels.
SATs 1360
Verbal 640 (not too good- I know)
Math 720
SAT II
Writing 720, French 710, Maths IIc 690
ECs:
Head Girl of School
1st XI Hockey Squad
1st VII Netball Squad
Tennis Captain
Managing Director of Junior Enterprise Company that won a Regional Award
1st Flute in Orchestra
Passed Grade 7 flute with distinction (taking grade 8- highest grade in Spring)
member of Mensa (this is lame and I regret putting it on my application)

I am Lebanese and I speak Arabic, French and Russian fluently. (i mentioned this in a desperate plea for the US gov to employ me!)

My Headmistress is writing a letter to H in Jan. What else do you think I should do to improve on the above? Thanks in advance for your input.

By haavadwanabee on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 03:50 pm: Edit

fogot to mention that I volunteer at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and I wrote an essay on what I do there. (i'm told it was quite good)

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

i'm also a high school senior, and i dont know much abt international applicants. i'll tel u what i think, but it may not count for much.
First off, i think ur e.c's are damn good, and being head girl is awesome. But w/ thos sat I and II scores u'd be rejected flat out if u were in the states...what may save u is ur knowing of many languages and the letter from ur head-mistress. U might still get in after being deffered..but if i were u i'd start looking at other schools

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page