AT NYU??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: AT NYU??
By Tweakerfd (Tweakerfd) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:37 pm: Edit

SAT - 1250 Math 650 and Verbal 600
GPA - 3.8 with an upward trend
SAT II - Math IC - 690 , Chemistry - 680, and gonna take writing in dec.
8 AP Classes , 3 honors, and 1 course at Hamilton College
EC: (not too many) NHS ,and the film makers club
Work: McDonalds for about a year, and am currently employed as Student Computer Technitian at my school.

Awards: AP Scholar, an award for computing by RIT

Also, i am a perminant resident, been in the US for 6 years, from the Indian Subcontinent, my parents barely made enough for us, until recently when my mom finally became a doctor.

My intended major is Computer Science.

By Tweakerfd (Tweakerfd) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 02:56 pm: Edit

bump

By Minibrit (Minibrit) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

omg I'm also applying to NYU and have the same exact gpa (unweighted) and the same exact SAT scores! *same verbal, same math* freaky. I'm applying to Gallatin though.

By Minibrit (Minibrit) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

omg I'm also applying to NYU and have the same exact gpa (unweighted) and the same exact SAT scores! *same verbal, same math* freaky. I'm applying to Gallatin though.

By Tweakerfd (Tweakerfd) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 07:05 pm: Edit

omg, hah thats greats, but you prolly have more EC's and i'm applying to CAS...hopefully its good enought to get in.

By Majinjou1 (Majinjou1) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 08:02 pm: Edit

Tweakerfd, you said you took a class at Hamilton College. I'm applying to Hamilton College, can you tell me how the campus was? How was the class? Professor? Anything you liked/disliked? Thanks.

By Majinjou1 (Majinjou1) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Tweakerfd, you said you took a class at Hamilton College. I'm applying there, can you tell me how was the campus? Classes? How were the professors? Was there anything you liked/disliked? How was the students and the social aspects of the school? Thanks

By Bobby443 (Bobby443) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

NYU values academics 50% and arts/other 50%

that means there is a major emphasis in being involved with theater/dance/whatever

By Tweakerfd (Tweakerfd) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Majinjou1,

Hamilton College campus is pretty nice. The only gripe that I have is that its all the way on the top of a hill (its a pretty steep incline in the initial entrance). Due to it being on top of a hill, its almost always 10X windier than bottom of the hill, which mean more colder in the winter, but nice in the fall and spring.

The Class I took was Calculus II. The professor i had was really helpful, and she made herself available during test days (which is the day she has research and no classes). My friend was in the other Calc II class, he says that his professor is also extremely helpful.

Hamilton College is, also, from the looks of it, is not very diverse. Its pretty homogenous, mostly rich white kids.

Hamilton College is also a huge party school. One day i was walking back to my car, one person walks up to me, hands me a flyer, and says "Guaranteed to get laid or money back warrenty."

The town, Clinton, is pretty hallow. The city near Clinton, Utica, is pretty dead. Many businesses are moving out, the population is declining. The Mall is....bad to say the least. Many of the Bosnian refugees come to Utica, much of Utica, now, is Bosnian. That sorta even out the population that is leaving Utica. All in all, there is not much to do in the town, but i'm guessing that there is much to do on the campus.

By Minibrit (Minibrit) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 09:36 pm: Edit

NO man i have like nothing. NO leadership, nothing. I'm soooo worried!!!!!!!!!

Bobby, that arts thing is for people who are going to apply to Tisch or are planning to major in something in the arts where you have to send in a portfolio, or audition. It doesnt count for CAS

wow...get laid or ur money back....i know im not applying to hamilton....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page