Black Girl's chances at top schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Black Girl's chances at top schools
By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Here is some information about me
GPA: 5.09w 3.98 uw
best SAT scores: (750m 740v)
Im a candidate for an IB diploma
I've taken 8 Ap exams and 2 IB exams...mediocre scores but all passing(AP Scholar)
National Achievement Semi-Finalist
I am a first generation college student
I am african-american and severly low-income
I have also been a student gov. head for 3 years
I tutor children, I have been sent to Mexico as a travelling missionary for spring vacation of 02 and 00
Member of NAACP Youth Council for 3 years
I have done both breast cancer and prostate cancer laboratory research since I was 14 at a world famous cancer institute(Roswell Park)
I have won several state awards for my research, and some national recognition
My laboratory mentor was a professor at harvard
I also participate in a Medical enrichment program which teaches me things like performing a basic physical, gross anatomy labs etc.
I would LOVE to be at an IVY league school (Harvard, Yale or Dartmouth) I'm also applying to Caltech, Stanford and MIT

By Callofthewind (Callofthewind) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

OMG why are you even posting! UR AN URM AND UR DIRT POOR, MEANING YOU HAVE A FREE TICKET TO ANYWHERE INCLUDING ALL INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES.

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 08:13 pm: Edit

hey hey..not DIRT poor.....LOW INCOME

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 10:15 pm: Edit

bump

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

write me a letter when you get in to all the schools you mentioned. You didn't mention your SAT II's though

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:27 pm: Edit

taking them in Dec.

By Culovv (Culovv) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 02:29 am: Edit

Lest this thread spiral out of control, I suggest that both Callofthewind and Culovv dial back the attitude and language just a bit. Thanks.

--Moderator Obiwan

Callofthewind:

You are retarded. Even if he/she wasnt poor and a URM he/she would still have a good chance anywhere.

You obviously do have that advantage though, and i dont see any schools rejecting you. Good luck

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 03:18 pm: Edit

bump

By Elfie15 (Elfie15) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 04:52 pm: Edit

wow. i'll say that you are in almost everywhere.

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 05:55 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page