ARGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: ARGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
By insane on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 09:53 pm: Edit

I got an e-mail from a university saying my application is complete plus they found a letter of recommendation form for Stanford!!!! Stupid office people, what if my application isn't complete at Stanford? Their office just closed for the next two weeks!!!! I have to agonize over it for ever!!!!! Damn stupid morons.

By Tim on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 09:59 pm: Edit

I feel your pain.

Call Stanford, and tell them what has gone wrong. Get their fax number. Call the first university, and ask them to fax the form to Stanford.

Tim

By Blake on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Stanford says they continue to accept recommendation forms after the deadline. Don't agonize over it, anyway. If the office is closed, they probably aren't reading applications (normally this wouldn't be true, but they're certainly not in bring-home-files-for-reading stage given that the deadline was just a few days ago.

By MIT Mom on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:56 pm: Edit

Dear "insane,"
This is NOT a problem! It's really OK! The only "consequence" of what happened is that the e-mailing university now knows you applied to Stanford, and that's not a consequence at all.

Application deadlines for teacher recommendations are not set in stone. It's not an applicant's fault if a teacher gets a recommendation in late. I have been told by several sources (both by admission types and by teachers) that teachers are given leeway on application deadlines. The fact that your Stanford application may be missing a teacher recommendation by the deadline date is not a problem.

Don't agonize over anything for the next two weeks. Just enjoy your holiday. It really will be fine. When everything reopens in two weeks, you can easily take care of this.

My guess is that AdComs have seen many misdirected letters of recommendation before.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page