Class of 2005 Post Stats Here!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Class of 2005 Post Stats Here!
By Scion (Scion) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

Hey all u Juniors! Post ur stats here and what college(s) u applyin to. Thanx.

By Pjh212 (Pjh212) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:19 am: Edit

Average is 98% with toughest possible courses (not too sure how to calc. GPA)

Have not taken the SAT I or got back scores from PSAT yet.
Yet to take SAT II

ECs
Section Editor, soon to be Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook will be all 4 years
Leader/Captain of Model UN will be all 4 years
Masterminds 10, 11, 12
Lasallian Youth (Service) all 4 years
Swimming all 4 years (Co-captain 11, 12)
Baseball all 4 years
Crew 10

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:32 am: Edit

we dont have rank in our school. no grades are weighted, everything is honors, yadda yadda yadda.

no SAT I scores. PSAT iono, and um... SAT II World - 650. intending to take another hell of a lot of SAT IIs this year and APs however.

anywho, GPA - 94.

l. Extracurricular Activities:

+ All-State Orchestra - Violin
+ Church Orchestra, 20 members (9 12): First Chair, First Violin, Concertmaster
+ Regional Office of Education and Community Outreach at the Presbyterian Church of Bayside (10 12): Maintained structure of church outreach programs (greater New York City, Westchester, Long Island and Northeast New Jersey area), maintained the ESL program, after-school program, summer school program and Saturday school program (over 800 students and 50 volunteer teachers combined in these programs) for underprivileged students and adults, balanced budget for these programs, weekly meetings with deacons and community activists
+ Community Saturday School Presbyterian Church of Bayside, E.S.L. Program Founder and Director (Grade 9): oversaw 30 students and 4 teachers, developed a curriculum for use in the program, combining many different workbooks and expertise, workshops for teachers by inviting actual ESL instructors, grew to 6 teachers and 50 students over the course of the academic year
+ Dragonboating (9 12): Youth Division Leader (Grade 10 and 11), to be Co-Captain (Grade 12), over 50 members in the youth division alone, numerous 1st and 2nd place awards won on the international, national, regional and local levels every year (see attached awards list,) intending to continue crew in college
+ National Honor Society/ARISTA (Grade 10 12)
+ Math Team (Grade 9 12): to be Captain (Grade 12)
+ Mentor, Incoming Student Helping Organization (Grades 10 12): Mentor Leader (Grade 11 12), oversaw 34 incoming students and 10 mentors, making sure that the mentors carried out their responsibilities wrote up weekly reports over the summer as a mentor

Work:
+ Tutor for underprivileged kids small stipend; also did regular tutoring to earn some spending money for myself to defray costs for parents (Grades 10 12)

By Calidan (Calidan) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 12:48 am: Edit

GPA: wieghted will be 4.1ish, unweighted= 3.9ish), senior year will probably be around 4.2ish ... no ranking @ my school
SATs: will be around 1300-1400ish, took a practice but not the real thing (+ a prep class).
ACTs: haven't taken 'em.
SAT IIs: havent yet, but I will in math, writing, and probably french. will score in the 700s most likely.

ECs: co-president of the french honors society, co-president of a hospital volunteer, member of: junior statesmen of america, current events club, was on the basketball team, now on the golf team, did odyssey of the mind (OM), peer-tutor. 150+ hrs. of community service, CSF (california scholarship federation), piano.

senior year schedule: AP english, AP calculus AB, AP French, AP environmental science, spanish 4, and civics+economics.
This year i'm taking: spanish 3, french 4, junior english, chemistry, US history, and political science at a nearby college which counts as honors political science (at my school), and college credit.

Colleges i'm looking at:
UNC Chapel Hill
U of Southern California
NYU
the UCs (i.e. L.A., Berkeley, San Diego, Davis, Santa Barbara, in state)
Boston College
Boston University
Claremont McKenna
U of Virginia
... i THINK thats about it... :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page