Chances at UVA?????

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Chances at UVA?????
By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Hey, I am about to apply to University of Virginia and I want to know what my chances of getting in are. Also, what are my chances at UT Austin, UMICH, and UNC Chapel Hill? Here are my stats:

-1410 SAT I, (660M, 750V)
-3.5 UW, 4.7 weighted
-top 15% of class
-VP of future business leaders of america
-VP and co-founder of aviation club
-member of NHS
-treasurer of spanish honor society
-Class Council
-Student Government
-100 community service hours
-good recs and essays

Any response would be great!

By hey on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 07:45 pm: Edit

um, why don't u apply to some better schools... as "reach"... geez, my idiot cousins got into UC-Berkeley with much lower stats than you, and my ditzy lab partner got into UPenn, her stats/grades are also much lower than yours. With scores/stats like that, I'd take the $100+ gamble and go for HYPSM regular decision: maybe add Rice, Cornell, UPenn on your list. I think you'll get into every single school u listed, but i'm not admissions officer. good luck

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 08:29 pm: Edit

I plan on majoring in business and all the schools I listed are top 10 in the country in that category, that's the main reason I am applying to all those schools. I doubt I would get into UPENN, but it would be awesome if I could go there since they are ranked #1 in undergrad business. What were the stats of your friend that got into UPENN?

By hey on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 08:58 pm: Edit

Rich family, white
1310 SAT I
670 SAT II avg.
Rank 51/440

No leadership
No sports, no music, no fine arts
Lots of community service
Avg. essays (the cheesy type about homeless ppl, as if she would know)

Maybe she did the admissions officer a "favor" during her interview, I just don't understand it.

By RamiroT on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 01:01 am: Edit

Crombie29

I am only answering for the UT Austin q. I think you would be a shoe-in for the Red McCombs School of Business. although you would have to compete with other tx residents who are not in the top 10% and out of state and intl students. You do know that if you apply to bus. u are classified as undecided business?
the average SAT scores for business students is a 1320. i have attended many sessions from the business school and have toured the school. it is awesome and probably the best school on the UT campus both academically and technologically. Great faculty and great diversity. (i wanted to major in business b4, thats why i know so much)

sorry about not being able to answer more.

Hook 'Em Horns!

By Crombie29 (Crombie29) on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 03:21 pm: Edit

I didn't know that if you applied business you would be classified as undecided business. UT Austin is my #1 choice because I grew up in TX. I live in FL right now and have lived here for 5 years, but my dad has lived in TX for 20 years, so can I claim TX residency when I apply since my dad still lives there? My major concern is my class rank, I know 50% of UT students are in the top 10% of their class, and I am only top 15%. On top of that, only 5% of UT students are out of state. Tell me more about the business school RamiroT, I would love to hear as much as you can tell me. Thanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page