Lesbians?! What?! Take a look...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Lesbians?! What?! Take a look...
By Smartmika (Smartmika) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:18 pm: Edit

HAHA I hope I got you to look... I need advice and no one was responding to my other string.

On the application to Cornell, I have very strong "short" essays (the 250 word ones); however, I'm not sure my major full page essay is as strong.

It is an entire page long and I chose the "Ask and Answer a Question you Would Have Liked for Us to Ask" prompt. Should I not have detracted?

I wrote about my experiences growing up with music... and playing at my local church.

Then I discussed the summer trip I took to France last year and how massively it impacted my life.

Do you think that I should not have diverged from the common topics?

Maybe for the Yale / Harvard essays I should choose the "select your own essay topic?"

Please help me! I want to present myself honestly; I'm not going to go out of my way to embellish my application because if I'm accepted, I want to feel I deserved it. I have a backup school willing to give me a full scholarship.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Michael

By Compsciguy (Compsciguy) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Heh, if you really want to present yourself honestly, then I'll need to see some lesbians ;)

As for your question, I would just always pick a topic of your choice to write about. Whichever experience you've had that you think will have the most impact on them and would be interesting to write about. If it happens to fall into one of the categories they give you, then put it under that, but if not, then whatever. I think it's the essay's content they'll look for, not the category you chose.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page