Chances for poor indian boy for Stanford

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: Chances for poor indian boy for Stanford
By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Please rate my chances:
I am an Indian boy, whose dad makes $1,000,000+ annually but does not donate at all.

SAT scores: 380V, 490M

SATII's: Writing: 450
Math Ic: 480
Physics: 330

GPA: 2.1UW, 2.1W

No real ECs: I basically sit home and play video games if that counts. O ya, I eat a lot. Maybe that could count as a hobby. Nothing else though.
Can you please rate my chances of acceptance into Stanford? Thanks a lot.

By Jens (Jens) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Is this a joke? I think u have a pretty good idea of ur chances.

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

LOL. excellent satire if I may say so

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:09 pm: Edit

what grade you are in, maybe you can still salvage your high school career.

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Um, my 5-year-old brother could get better standardized test scores than you...

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Um, my 5-year-old brother could get better standardized test scores than you...

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Sorry about the double post. By the way, are you retarded?

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 03:35 pm: Edit

Hey, no im not retarded, I'm just not too smart I guess. I also remembered that I ride my bicycle a lot. Is this a good hobby to have? Please tell me. Are my chances good at all?

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

this must be a joke haha very funny

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 05:58 pm: Edit

Sorry I didnt reply to you earlier Mjl86, I am in grade 12 and am applying Regular Decision. I really do hope I get in. I have been wanting to attend since my uncle cracked most of his ribs falling down the stairs three years ago and we went to Stanford's hospital. I do feel bad but I was so mesmerized by the beautiful campus that I accidentally slammed the car door shut on his face as he was getting out of the car and then he needed a nose-cast as well.

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Dude, your scores are soooo sad. Good luck at trying to get in to a state school. This has got to be a joke! And no, you have absolutely no chance in hell at getting in.

By Leejwwc (Leejwwc) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:19 pm: Edit

You're just the type of student Stanford is dying to accept.

NOT

By L0serchild99 (L0serchild99) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit

funny.

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:36 pm: Edit

spyrey-

he's kidding.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 08:47 pm: Edit

no probs man u r in...stanford loves people who smash thier uncles noses....infact u should write a personal statement about that.....and just lie to them that u were the one who pushed your uncle down the stairs.....that would help a lot too

btw are u the one with a blue t shirt and a pink jeans who keeps staring at the stanford hospital every evening?

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Hey Becks777,
how did you guess who I am? Yes, that's me! I really like my pink jeans! They cost a lot.

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

Okay, while I know that a lot of dumb people joke about going to good schools, you can never be too sure if one of those idiots are really joking or not. Just last year, this girl at my school was so sure that she'd get in to Cornell ED. She was 30th out of 90, had a 1000 SAT, and no legecy or special connection to Cornell at all. She wasn't an athlete or an international student, just an average person. And she still thought that Cornell was a sure thing. Now, looking at the context of this exceedingly sad situation, I can certainly see that this could be a sick joke, or, by the same token, I also recognize that the "dumbass student" archetype is quite evident throughout this thread. Just my 2 cents...

By Spyrey (Spyrey) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Come on guys, lets keep this thread going...I'm having fun.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:33 pm: Edit

How did i know??.......coz i m the one with a pink sweater and a ornage jeans who stares ar the stanford hospital from across the street!!....oh and i wear a hat too....forgot the color of it..hehe

By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:34 pm: Edit

okay spyrey i really really am not insulting you but this part really gives it away if you weren't sure:

"No real ECs: I basically sit home and play video games if that counts. O ya, I eat a lot. Maybe that could count as a hobby. Nothing else though. "

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:35 pm: Edit

i m the one who threw my aunt down from the top floor of the stanford hospital to cath a glimpse of the campus

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 09:13 am: Edit

Ok guys, enough with the games. Yes, this post was a complete travesty. But please do rate my stats at Individual School/Ivy League/Cornell/"Absolutely terrible stats for cornell & uchicago". Or if you dont want to go all the way to that forum, here are my stats, repeated:

Please rate my chances of being admitted into Cornell ED (Arts & Sciences) and UChicago:

SAT I: 710V, 730M (waiting on Nov. results and hoping math will improve)
SAT II: Math IIc: 740
Physics: 690
Writing: 650
GPA: 3.2UW, 3.8W (at a very competitive private school)
My AP scores sorta sucked but I've heard they don't matter that much for admission, but more for placement after admission. (hopefully, this is true) My scores in my classes this year are definitely going to be better, just because of the classes I'm taking.

11th grade:
AP Statistics (5)
AP US History (3)
Ap English Lang. (3)(exam only)

12th grade:
AP Economics (Macro and Micro)
AP Calculus AB
AP Physics B
AP Computer Science
AP English Lit. (exam only)
ECs:
-club for assisting mentally challenged students at a nearby school (vice president)
-South Asia Club
-French Club
-Amnesty International
-track & field team
-swim team
-community service trip to South Africa (2 weeks)
-Habitat for Humanity (president)
-Math Team: (won numerous awards for performing well in competitions)
-MUN: attended 4 conferences
-MUSS: 2 sessions
-work at the local soup kitchen
-Tutoring at nearby socioeconomically
underpriviledged school
-internship at British Parliament
I have great essays and teacher recs.
I also play the guitar approx. 5 hrs per week.
I am an Indian male (US citizen) and my dad attended graduate school at Johnson.

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Sprey, you actually responded to my real post for Cornell & then you came here and replied here but never saw the discrepency in stats between both of my posts...haha its cool though, just funny

By Mynameis (Mynameis) on Sunday, November 30, 2003 - 08:13 am: Edit

haha wow i think this post is hilarious

By Aceofspade (Aceofspade) on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

were u high when u took thoes tests.....

By Collegeboy123 (Collegeboy123) on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 01:42 pm: Edit

which tests? i already said that those stats were a complete joke...look 6 posts up for the real stats

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page