Ivy prospect?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Ivy prospect?
By Nick L. on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 01:57 am: Edit

What are my chances for getting into a top school such as princeton or stanford?

here are my stats:
sat1
verbal:760
math:780

sat2
math2c:780
physics:750
writing:720

unweighted gpa, 3.75.
ap's taken:
AP physics (4);
AP latin (4);
taking
AP chemistry
AP calculus AB
AP european history
In addition, i am already a computer programmer and when spring comes around i am going to review the specific ap material and take the AP computer science exam. No point in taking the whole damn class if i already know the material, right?

EC's:
varsity and club soccer: both my varsity and club teams are some of the top in the state; i have played in 4 state championships and 3 semi-finals games with these 2 teams.

Varsity tennis

Tae Kwon Do

Computer programming and 3d design

Mountain biking summer, skiing winter

'Academic' awards:
National merit scholar commendation
National latin exam maxima cum laude and magna cum laude

Also, when i looked at my sat 2 scores, on the surface they look good. A 780 math2c seems like a high score, right? well then i looked at the percentiles, and it's only 86th percentile (!) The same goes for the other subjects. Is this as bad as it sounds? I mean, a harvard or princeton is certainly not going to accept 85th percentile people, so is having 85th percentile test scores going to hurt me?

By bra on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 12:26 pm: Edit

I think you're pretty competitive for a spot. Don't worry about it. You're Asian, I assume? You've got very Asian looking stats.

By MedStudent on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page