790 VERBAL / 760 WRITING / 580 LITERATURE ----- WHY--- I'M G

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: 790 VERBAL / 760 WRITING / 580 LITERATURE ----- WHY--- I'M G
By asdfg on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 05:15 pm: Edit

just got my sat ii results back 760 writing , 580 literature ---- why the hell did this happen !?? i dont get it.... i did not mark wrong, for sure.,..... i don't know what to do..... my god..... FF***$%$##k @@!!! oh my god..... dammit..... temme ... temme temme ..... should i risk doing the test again in JAN ? are adcoms lightly to write off that score of as an abberation since my other english related scores are great, specially for a south asian (790 VERBAL / 760 WRITING)? --- note: i'm not a science student; I can only take the WRITING/LITERATURE/MATH IC combination.

By asdqr on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 05:22 pm: Edit

international applicant(India), by the way.

If I do retake it and score in the same range, my score will most definately not be written off as an abberation.... am i correct?

By asdfsadf on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 05:46 pm: Edit

in view of the aforementioned reasons, would it be a strategically intelligent move NOT to retake the literature test?

I'd like to preempt this question : " Is the Jan adminstration of the SAT II is accepted? "

Yes it is.

By asdf on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:44 pm: Edit

HELP ME !!! I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM HERE @@!! --- A REAL PROBLEM

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:13 pm: Edit

take it again in january... take a practice test or two between now and then so you know what to expect... the 760 writing will look great so try not to fret too much

By noone on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 12:52 am: Edit

don't worry too much. Your scores alone aren't going to get you in, and you don't want to center your life around improving them, b/c then, by the off chance you don;t get accepted, it kinda feels like a waste of time. My advice, stay involved in whatever you can, discover something interesting about yourself that really makes you stand out, and use that in your application. It may sound simple, but even if you think you are the only person with your activities and what not, there are 1000 other applicants that look just like you on paper. Most importantly though, just have some fun, don't let getting into college consume your last teenage years. :-)

By dren2k2 on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 07:23 am: Edit

hey asdf, sorry to hear about the lit. score,. anyways, im an interational applicant too from India, cld u give me ure stats and whereall your applyin? from where in india r u?

By asdf on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 09:42 am: Edit

I'm from Delhi. Where are you from?

By dren2k2 on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:27 pm: Edit

im from the silicon valley of india, Bangalore!
SAT I 1530
SAT II Math 2c 800 Physics 790 Writing 700
Rank 10/87(realllllly competitive school)
EC's Literary Prez, Director-Interact Club, Published writer,good quizzer etc.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page