NROTC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: November 2003 Archive: NROTC
By Pssns0906 (Pssns0906) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 10:49 am: Edit

Does anyone know anything about Naval ROTC? Is it really difficult? Is there a boot camp involved? Will getting the scholarship hinder your chances from getting institutional support? And will getting the scholarship make it easier for you to be accepted to a college with NROTC? Thanks!

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 04:11 pm: Edit

they have different admissions standards of receiving the scholarship.

apply for it on their website, it will be a long process since the application is just like another college application.

basically you need to meet admission standards of the colleges you want so don't list anything unrealistic.

depending on the school, the competition will be difficult, for example for a 4-year full scholarship to Virginia Tech for ARMY ROTC there were around 400 applicants and only 30 of them are selected, it varies from school to school

you will be interviewed, there is no boot camp but the school might have an "o-week" or orientation week BEFORE the college orientation week to stimulate a 1 week boot camp. This is what they did at Cornell.

The scholarship and institution make their decision separate from each other, they both have different criteria to evaluate you, so you have to meet both to get in the university and receive the scholarship

the Scholar-Athlete-Leader principle is the most important criteria for receiving a scholarship

By Pssns0906 (Pssns0906) on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 09:16 am: Edit

I already applied and did the interview...the ROTC guy already told me I have a really good chance at getting the scholarship...he recommended me for "Immediate Scholarship Decision," which means I just have to pass one more interview and then they will offer me the scholarship on the spot.

I'm looking into NROTC at cornell, tufts, upenn, and unc chapel hill.

After hearing about all this stuff that's going on in Iraq, I'm kinda having second thoughts.

oh yeah, and i'm female.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page